S2000 Talk Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it.

New Driver Questions

Old 01-28-2002, 06:08 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

y'all need to quit playa hating on the WRX wagon/sedan.
I love the headlights on them. It looks like it has great eyesight to find the best spot of traction on the road.

Really though......apples and oranges.......that move really fast
Old 01-28-2002, 09:52 AM

I actually got to test drive a 02' Subaru Impreza WRX today and it was alright. There was a noticable turbo lag under 3k rpm, but were pretty speedy. Got a nice Momo steering wheel and looks nice in silver w/ a spoiler (sedan version). My mom loved it (might be good or a bad thing) except when I tried to speed a little bit (can u blame me?). Great price though.
Old 01-28-2002, 07:33 PM

any other comments (cough, bump)
Old 01-28-2002, 07:54 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If your parents will get the car for you, man, go for it... but given the fact that you are in high school, unless you go to like a really preppy school, you will bump into a bunch of haters.. and you know a few bad kids will be jealous, and it only takes one or two key scratches and dings before you treat the S like crap.

even though the 325 cost more than the S, I say go for it. It tends to not look so flashy, and it is more practical, given the trunk room and back seat. you never know when that might come handy..
Old 01-28-2002, 08:27 PM

Am I the only one that is getting nauseous reading this thread? 16 with an S2000. How about a 10 year old Cressida. That's what I got. If you have everything at such a young age, what is there to look forward too. I just don't know...

Old 01-29-2002, 02:02 AM

I am 18 and a freshman at USC. All I can say is...

Your friends will envy you...
Strangers will hate you...
Girls will want to give you road head...

And don't park at school...

And, girls will want to give you road head...
Did I say, girls will want to give you road head...

However, yes, I do agree that all 16 year olds will wreck their first car.

**** it, buy the mother ****er. But once you buy a Japanese car you prolly won't want another. VTEC is addicting.
Old 01-29-2002, 05:22 AM

Has anyone here heard of conspicious consumption?? Oh, by the way, your dad sounds like a stupid ass that has too much money for his own good.

Phi
Old 01-29-2002, 05:28 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Us guys across the pond here have been watching this thread with interest because :

(a) you can't even learn to drive until you're 17 in the UK
(b) no 17 year old driver would be able to get an S2000 insured here (see stats below) and, anyway,
Old 01-29-2002, 07:24 AM

I'm a little older than you, being a snr. in college, and my first car had a budget of well under half of what you're being offered. That said, I would have to agree with many of the other posts. See if your parents will offer to put any excess in your bank account for later, and start out with something like an accord (or an RSX). The accord was my first car, and it was great! Plenty of space and still a little zip (yeah, I realize you're talking apples and oranges vs the S, but it was a fun car). I don't know about your school, but I went to a large public school and we had everything from the old beater to the new porsche parked in the lot. We also had about an accident a day just with people trying to get out of the parking lot before someone else. That doesn't include all of the stuff about it being a first car, etc. My first accident happened during off-campus lunch: another kid from school switched lanes into my accord with his F-150...he won. The damage on the accord equaled 3/4 of the value of the car, and all because the other guy was a moron. I wouldn't want to see what would happen to an S within the first 3 months of ownership on a high school parking lot.
Old 01-29-2002, 07:29 AM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Phi2k
[B]Has anyone here heard of conspicious consumption??

Quick Reply: New Driver Questions