S2000 Talk Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it.

Never will buy again...

Old 04-06-2001, 01:11 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sorry to hear about your problem. Mark my words, "NEVER Lease a vehicle on the assumption that you are going to buy it!" If you buy a vehicle after you initially lease it You Will Lose, always! Again, sorry about your misfortune. Then again, this is an S2000 and it's only money. You'll get more!
Old 04-06-2001, 01:20 PM

Geez Man,,, Grow some grapes, and next time you go in, Tell them how YOU want it to go.
They only push as much as you let them. It's a big game, so get back in there and push back. Hell, my wife almost made one of 'em cry a few years ago.

Relax,,, and have some fun!

Freddie
Old 04-06-2001, 01:20 PM

Seems silly to fault the lessor where you knew you would want to break the lease and did not inquire about or negotiate the terms. Ignorance is bliss, well guess not in your case.
Old 04-06-2001, 01:25 PM

Member (Premium)

Received 169 Likes on 101 Posts

I think it all depends on the individual dealerships. In my area the Honda dealer has the best rep., even better than the Acura dealer.

The same people that own the Honda dealership also own a Mercedes dealership about 10 miles away.

The Honda dealer has a 75% loyalty rate.
Old 04-06-2001, 01:39 PM

A fool and his money are easy to part.

What else can I say? Do your research ahead of time and don't assume anything.
Old 04-06-2001, 01:52 PM

Originally posted by Mark_12345
I got my car on a lease due to the high pressure sales from the sales guy. In my mind I'm thinkin okay just lease the freakin thing and get out of there because I didn't want to haggle. In a month I'll buy the car.

Well I went into a bank today with the mind set of buying my S2K. Guess what? Freakin penalties up the ye-hole.
Sounds like the sales guy's plan worked to perfection.
Old 04-06-2001, 03:46 PM

Hey, do you think that the luxury brand dealers don't make any money. They probably make a hell of a lot more. It built into the price. No-haggle doesn't equal good deal, just easy deal. No haggle just means that the next guy will be paying the same price. And did you think that terminating a lease after one month was going to be cheap? And the extorsion tax is a dealers choice, most do, but some don't. Sorry for your problems, but don't blame the make or the dealer.
Old 04-06-2001, 04:29 PM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Fastfreddie
[B]Geez Man,,, Grow some grapes, and next time you go in, Tell them how YOU want it to go.
They only push as much as you let them.
Old 04-06-2001, 04:43 PM

Not to sound offensive Mark, but you should shoulder most of the blame. You tried to take a shortcut by just agreeing on everything (ie. sign the papers for the lease) and finish the deal as soon as you can with the mindset that you'll just write a check and buy it in one month without even asking if you're allowed to do that or not. Unless you couldn't afford to buy the car at the time of the lease and then won the lottery or something, it is quite inconceiveable that anyone would lease the car with the intention of buying it in the next month. Wouldn't you think that that would be more of a hassle wouldn't you?

It is a general rule that you should lease only when you know you won't be breaking the lease.

If the owner of the house wanted to sell the house and you were only willing to rent and then one month later (after the owner had agreed to rent it to you) you tell him/her you wanted to buy the house and the owner says he doesn't want to sell it now you can't possibly blame him. I'm sorry that things didn't work out for you but you have to shoulder some of the blame.
Old 04-06-2001, 04:45 PM

Buyer Beware....

Quick Reply: Never will buy again...