S2000 Talk Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it.

Neuspeed Sport Springs

Old 12-03-2001, 07:53 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally posted by AusS2000

Now that is funny!

Hey Aus.... I think he is just angry and needs a hug!!!
Old 12-03-2001, 07:57 PM

Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally posted by tokyo_james
Hey Aus.... I think he is just angry and needs a hug!!!
You first!!
Old 12-03-2001, 08:12 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I think we gave Mr. Dork a bit of a rough ride for his first few posts. The Neuspeed springs are questionable -- some positive and negative comments. But his vicious attack on Neuspeed's product and as a company is uncalled for...I mean, they do make quality products, and one bad line doesn't translate into an overall bad company
Old 12-03-2001, 11:22 PM
Banned

What bad line? And really, like I mentioned, since most peoples opinions on the suspension are mostly based on what they like, you can expect mixed reactions.

Oh yeah, Mr. Dork, do you really think the S2K's suspension is perfect? Can you explain how people have been discussing how there are inherent flaws in it? And if its so perfect, why do most MAGAZINES and people who have driven Porsche Boxters and S2k's have the general opinion that the boxter's suspension is better? And tire temps don't change the temp of the ground. Warmer asphalt will always give better grip then cold asphalt. And who cares if it was done around the same year? Today it got up to 74 degree here, and on Tuesday, it was below 40.

And I didn't say I knew more than you. I just mentioned some points that are easily overlooked.

I don't know where you come off telling me about the drivers and shit, did you not think about that?
Actually, I do believe if I mentioned it, that would be direct evidence that I HAD thought about it.

And, and of course, who cares about if its in the same area? I can be in one area, go a short distance and have the composition of the ground change completely. And you did not appear to be expressing your opinion. You said Neuspeed was shit. Sounded like you were stating fact.

Not to mention, I don't believe that the "Sports" line of springs is really meant to change the handling of a car that much. It seems to me to be mostly for looks, especially if it is known to soften up the ride. I believe you are the only one so far who has said anything really negative about Neuspeed.

Seung, why are you thinking of changing?

You agree with mingster that is softens up the ride? Do you feel that it lowers the performance noticeably? If I can get a really good deal on them, and otherwise wouldn't even consider getting springs, would you recommend them? Cause it will be these or nothing. I don't have $200 to spend on a set of springs.

Blake
Old 12-03-2001, 11:54 PM

Originally posted by infinitebass
Seung, why are you thinking of changing?

You agree with mingster that is softens up the ride? Do you feel that it lowers the performance noticeably? If I can get a really good deal on them, and otherwise wouldn't even consider getting springs, would you recommend them? Cause it will be these or nothing. I don't have $200 to spend on a set of springs.

Blake
i do agree with what mingster has to say about neuspeed spring sets.
sure, my s2000 looks great with it- my intention for lowering the car was just for the looks.
and i think they are very nice quality spring sets.

though i'm just an entry- level s2000 lover/ enthusiast with out any good track experiences that could "feel" handling diff. between stock vs. other springs, i do feel that neuspeed springs make my car more bouncy and soft.

i had a very good deal with neuspeed sets. my case, it was just an experiment. i was originally trying to get kg/mm set, but wanted to try with neuspeeds first, because they were cheaper and i could get it shipped faster.

knowing that my car looks better lowered and doesn't really get hurt by it (if i be really careful), i wanna spend a little more money to get the performance also. that's why i'm getting kg/mm soon.

uh... now my explanation makes no sense... but... you get the idea... i hope...

so, do i recommend them? for the looks, yes- the car looks more like what it's supposed to be.
performance? i dunno. i would say handling wise, stock vs. neuspeed is just about the same.
Old 12-04-2001, 12:27 AM
Banned

Seung, that is exactly the information I was looking for! I'd like to have some stiffer springs, but I just can't afford them right now. How much do the kg/mm springs run? I can't find any prices for them.

Thanks very much for the info!

Blake
Old 12-04-2001, 05:26 AM
bkw

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

im using the neuspeed race springs right now (2" drop). visually the car is really low.. almost too low, especially with the stock wheels. after changing to te-37's the drop looked perfect with zero gap between the top of the tire and the fenderwell. the agressive look i was trying to achieve was satisfied with these springs.

now onto the performance and ride aspects of these springs. dry weather runs thru the twisties is now a little more tricky but managable. the rear end likes to come out especially over bumpy pavement, but with a little throttle and steering, its easily correctable. i dare to say that its more fun now but when it comes to wet weather its a totally different story. it feels like im driving on ice. a little too much throttle while turning from a dead stop or even a gradual turn could turn really ugly. im sure this will be less of an issue once i find someone brave enough to align her.

the ride? well to me the ride seems stiffer than the stock springs, but not by much. the "bounce" is much more pronounced now over uneven pavement but not nearly as bad as a slammed civic or integra.

the only thing i dont like about these springs is that they slam the car so low that it is very very hard to find someone competent enough to align it. then again i guess that i wouldnt like any springs that lower the car for this same reason.

im very happy with these springs, if you can get a great deal on them, go for it. just find someone to align your car afterwards.

hope this helps,
brian
Old 12-04-2001, 06:15 AM

Originally posted by infinitebass
Seung, that is exactly the information I was looking for! I'd like to have some stiffer springs, but I just can't afford them right now. How much do the kg/mm springs run? I can't find any prices for them.

Thanks very much for the info!

Blake
am i allowed to do this? i'm not advertising one particular person... but...

second post of this thread, you'll be able to find a banner of a company that has good deal (in my opinion) on sets of kg/mm springs.
Old 12-04-2001, 06:35 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

as an aside, i have H & R's and i find them to be a little on the soft side as well. i'm looking at alternatives, but since i have 18's, it's taking me a little longer to come up with the right solution.

the h&r's have the perfect drop, but the spring is too soft (IMO).
kg/mm have a nice spring rate, but have too much of a drop (for me).

etc. etc.

btw, it would be great to have a chart in the faq's that list spring manufacturer, spring rate, average drop, price etc.

regards.
Old 12-04-2001, 06:37 AM

I've got a real burning want to lock this thing up, since it isn't exactly contributing to world peace or anything....

On the other hand there ARE some valuable opinions in here. So I'll say this: To "dork," please watch your behavior, and your language, or I'm sure the Admins won't lose sleep over banning you from this site.

I find the Neuspeed discussion interesting. I've heard varying opinions on their products, myself. Lots of people buy and claim to like them, so you really can't say they all-out suck. Lots of people say they're bad because they repackage other companies' products (at least some of them, I think). But then again I don't think Neuspeed tries to cover up that fact.

I'll have to go find this S2000 review with the Neuspeed stuff...

Quick Reply: Neuspeed Sport Springs