S2000 Talk Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it.

Neuspeed Sport Springs

Old 12-01-2001, 02:43 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Neuspeed Sport Springs

I tried doing a search for other threads on this, but couldn't really find anything.

So for those of you who have a S2K with the Neuspeed Sport Springs installed, or ridden in one, what are you impressions?

I know it looks good, but how well does it ride? What kind of difference is there from stock?

Blake
Old 12-01-2001, 04:23 PM

it actually feels a bit softer than stock, believe it or not, and it's not harsh. but you arrive at the limit (travel) of the suspesion quicker, so it feels a bit "bouncy" when you go at high speed over uneven roads. it's not that bad considering the price, but some people feel that it's too low (i couldn't get out of my garage).
Old 12-01-2001, 04:32 PM
Banned

After my experiences with going fast over bumpy roads, I don't plan on doing that any time soon! :-) It lowers it 1.5", right?

Blake
Old 12-01-2001, 04:34 PM

Originally posted by infinitebass
After my experiences with going fast over bumpy roads, I don't plan on doing that any time soon! :-) It lowers it 1.5", right?

Blake
Si.
Old 12-01-2001, 05:30 PM

If you're looking for lowering springs, I would seriously consider the KG/mm Race (DR21) springs. I have them on mine with 18" rims and NO rubbnig/scratching etc.

Rides a bit firmer, but the stock shocks are more than up to the challenge! I believe Import Development carries them as well.
Old 12-01-2001, 06:50 PM
Banned

Well, I can get the Neuspeed springs at a pretty good price. I wasn't even thinking about lowering my car till I found out how good a deal I can get on them.

Blake
Old 12-01-2001, 08:27 PM

dude, i lost all respect for Neuspeed when I saw their Stook, it's pathetic what they did to that poor thing. They threw everything they had into that thing, along with Racing Hart CP035 (damn they are light) wheels and I think racing seats too, not sure about that though. The pathetic thing was that the Stook was actually SLOWER through the slalom and showed almost no improvements in any characteristics. The car was in an issue of super street a little while ago, you can read the article about them spending money to masacre a Stook at http://www.superstreetonline.com/
Oh, and anyone who actually likes their Neuspeed shit can flame me if they like, but those are cold hard facts against them, personally I'd be pissed if I put that kind of money in a car and it got slower. In my opinion, I don't really think they were doing shit that wrong, I just think that they should have realized that anything short of a fully custom for the Stook designed and individually tuned by car suspension would not do shit if not make it worse, you can't improve a perfect suspension like the S2Ks with shit like taking what works with another car and making it fit the S2K, they might get away with it on civics, where the handling cant get much worse, but if I was a S2000 engineer, I would take their S2K as a direct insult.
Old 12-02-2001, 12:03 AM
Banned

Er....perfect suspension....oh yeah, that bump steer problem really ****ing helps make it perfect.

Blake
Old 12-02-2001, 12:09 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Mr. Dork -

slower through the slalom and virtually no improvements? remember the first modified s2000 in a mag? I believe it was road and track or something of the like. the s2000 actually had worse stats than anything else.

first of all, neuspeed springs, they are just for lowering. they'll give the car a stance and a slightly lower centrer of gravity. I have never driven on neuspeed springs, so I cannot say anything about the ride. I have ridden in one car that had them and that trip wasn't long enough to really give any opinion one way or another, especially since I was not driving.

I am not going to flame you for not giving a crap about neuspeed, but I would be a little bit more conscious about what magazines and the real world have to say about products. there can be other issues - for instance, speed could have been an issue pushing larger wheels. doesn't matter what you think is lighter than stock, but the size certainly matters. I'm surprised to hear you have so much trust in the magazines.
Old 12-02-2001, 12:59 AM
Banned

Man, if I hadn't been in a hurry, I probably would have written about two pages about how stupid that post was. Now, I don't even feel its worth the effort. Hopefully anymore posts will actually be some what informative and on topic.

Blake

Quick Reply: Neuspeed Sport Springs