S2000 Talk Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it.

Need Help. S is hurt

Old 06-16-2003, 09:15 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need Help. S is hurt

Due to incliment weather and a suv driver skidding in my rain, my S came face to face with a divider wall, body damage is minimal, only on fender and side of bumper, just scrapes, but the wheel and suspension took the hit hard, dont ask ..i dont know how,,, the left tire is off allignment by alot, pushed back about 2 inches, it seem a lower arm of the suspension is cracked, The bad part is im killing myself to pay the insureance and i can not report it, so im gonna have to bite the damages, i am mechanically inclined to the level of rebuilding 4 cyl engines with help from a manual so i figure maybe i can replace the broken suspension parts myself then go get the allignemtn done at a pro shop and have them check everything over, I NEED YOUR HELP
Does anyone have a diagram of the front suspension with partnumbers and how to dissassemble, I need to compare it and see what exactly i need . also where is the best cheapest place to find the suspension components i need, i dont mind if they are used , i want to keep cost to a minimal without sacrificing quality PLEASE GUYS HELP ME I NEED IT I want to soon , its so nice out
Old 06-16-2003, 10:09 AM

your 1st sentence made it seem like it was the SUV's fault, if so, you would be making a claim against them and your insurance rate should not increase.

Regardless, you have no way of knowing for sure what is exactly wrong with the car, usually not everything is visible to the naked eye. Its a huge safety concern, take it to a shop either way.
Old 06-16-2003, 10:23 AM

I had what sounds like the same trouble. I had to replace all three of those parts that are circled. This is the right side not the left, sorry didn't have a copy of the left side.

Edit: You may have to enlarge it with Paint or something to view every little piece.
Old 06-16-2003, 10:38 AM

Go here, you can see the parts breakdown and pretty good prices.

http://www.hondaautomotiveparts.com/auto/j.../catdisplay.jsp

Phil
Old 06-16-2003, 12:21 PM

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

[QUOTE]Originally posted by be17jamln
[B]your 1st sentence made it seem like it was the SUV's fault, if so, you would be making a claim against them and your insurance rate should not increase.

Regardless, you have no way of knowing for sure what is exactly wrong with the car, usually not everything is visible to the naked eye.
Old 06-16-2003, 12:47 PM

Originally posted by SiDriver

Unfortunately, NY has a no-fault policy for auto insurance wrecks so unless it was a clean rear end or the other party admitted to being at fault, his insurance would likely be affected as well.
That is a really stupid policy IMO..
Old 06-16-2003, 01:06 PM

WOW THANKS GUYS i appreciate this alot, im going to take the wheel off when i get home from work, and inspect for obvious damage, does anybody have a scan of the dissassembly/removal of the upper&/ lower arms from the service manual. i just cant wait the 2-3 weeks for my manual to be recieved from the mail. this is a terrible time for me but i appreciate it all , i will post pics later tonight thanks alot
Old 06-16-2003, 01:14 PM

Ahh, a Yo Fault state. Not all No fault states are like that. You make a claim to your insurance and your insurance tries to get their money back as well as your deductible.