S2000 Talk Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it.

My s2000, perhaps my only friend

Old 10-24-2009, 10:31 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i never was able to work out angry. when i lift, i need a lot of concentration.

but to the OP, i feel you bro. it's not corny, if you consider the S a passion in your life. some people like to write poetry or draw when things go out of whack. and then there's people like us who like to drive when we're stressed.

but it could be dangerous though. try to keep the driving sane and not wreckless

good luck
Old 10-24-2009, 10:32 PM

Driving around in my S2000 cheers me up too
Old 10-24-2009, 10:51 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

S in the twisties is my antidepressant too.
I feel like that on weekends. Thought because I am single. Do people who are not single feel the same?
Lifting weights when you are not in your best mood? The max amount I can lift goes down the more angry/sad/depressed I am.
Old 10-24-2009, 11:38 PM

man ain't nothing like a long, relaxed drive to calm your nerves
Old 10-25-2009, 01:44 AM

Originally Posted by Freddy,Oct 24 2009, 08:16 PM
I'm not one to pour my feelings over the net, but I thought I'd share this story with you guys as we all share one thing in common, our S2K's.

Well today, I was feeling a bit down, the reason... who cares it doesn't really matter. Point is I was a wreck, I literally lost control of myself. I can't explain the feeling but I'll just mention that life seemed pointless. I'm sure at one point in time we have all felt this way. How we approach this ideology differs from individual. I usually withdraw from the world and live in solitude, but having no control over myself seclusion could have been dangerous for my own well being. I thought about calling friends, or even my family but I didn't want anyone to see my pain. I decided to listen to some music, but that didn't go so well as I scrolled to "East Hastings" by Godspeed You Black Emperor, which to me is translated to a song full of death and destruction. My heart now, was full of hatred, I wanted to beat myself senselessly. I had little time, so I decided to grab the keys and go buy some smokes, and I don't even smoke. I did as I stated, and filled the S with gas. With no certain destination, I drove calmly, yet with hate. I decided to drive down to Trans Mountain which is a beautiful scenery with some pretty good twisties. Once I got there, I decided to stop in a rest area, and smoke a stogie. I didn't even get half ways to my surprise. After too much time of thinking, I got back on the road, now a little bit more settled. I started thinking once again, and my mind starting wandering about how much I love my Lady S. It was at that point, when i realized that Lady S was unofficially there for me. At a time when no one was there to help, Lady S carried me away from my path of self destruction. I know it's corny and shit, and I might be alone on this one, but on real note I felt attached to my S. Even though it's darn noisy, her silence and cheap sound system was all I needed, I never said a word, neither did she. I was cured! On my way back home I felt the urge to post this up ASAP. Not to look for consolidation but to share the power and my experience with the infamous S2000. Even though it's only a car, it does wonders. I was thinking of selling her, but now I apologize for even making that consideration. I know this story is silly, and I might sound like a big pansy, but what the hell, it's a true story and there's no shame to it.

I'm sorry for making this longer than expected, I tried making it as short as possible, and I'm sure I missed a bunch of important events, but once again, I had to post this up. Thanks Honda, and S2Ki for allowing me to waste bandwidth.
do you happen to live in el paso texas?
Old 10-25-2009, 08:07 AM

[QUOTE=gaus,Oct 24 2009, 10:51 PM]S in the twisties is my antidepressant
Old 10-25-2009, 09:25 AM

Do whatever you have to do, within reason, to calm yourself. Everyone gets down from time to time. Driving around the S is a perfectly good outlet.

Good luck on feeling better. Just don't kill yourself when she decides the differential has to go
Old 10-25-2009, 09:49 AM

I write letters to unspecified people if driving isn't an option. Writing is a GREAT outlet.

I'm not sure alcohol is such a good idea when you're down.

edit:
Old 10-25-2009, 09:57 AM

Received 26 Likes on 18 Posts

You have a PM.
Old 10-25-2009, 12:15 PM

Originally Posted by MasterForce,Oct 25 2009, 01:44 AM
do you happen to live in el paso texas?
Why yes I do. Are you from around the area?

Quick Reply: My s2000, perhaps my only friend