S2000 Talk Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it.

My s2000, perhaps my only friend

Old 10-24-2009, 08:16 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default My s2000, perhaps my only friend

I'm not one to pour my feelings over the net, but I thought I'd share this story with you guys as we all share one thing in common, our S2K's.

Well today, I was feeling a bit down, the reason... who cares it doesn't really matter. Point is I was a wreck, I literally lost control of myself. I can't explain the feeling but I'll just mention that life seemed pointless. I'm sure at one point in time we have all felt this way. How we approach this ideology differs from individual. I usually withdraw from the world and live in solitude, but having no control over myself seclusion could have been dangerous for my own well being. I thought about calling friends, or even my family but I didn't want anyone to see my pain. I decided to listen to some music, but that didn't go so well as I scrolled to "East Hastings" by Godspeed You Black Emperor, which to me is translated to a song full of death and destruction. My heart now, was full of hatred, I wanted to beat myself senselessly. I had little time, so I decided to grab the keys and go buy some smokes, and I don't even smoke. I did as I stated, and filled the S with gas. With no certain destination, I drove calmly, yet with hate. I decided to drive down to Trans Mountain which is a beautiful scenery with some pretty good twisties. Once I got there, I decided to stop in a rest area, and smoke a stogie. I didn't even get half ways to my surprise. After too much time of thinking, I got back on the road, now a little bit more settled. I started thinking once again, and my mind starting wandering about how much I love my Lady S. It was at that point, when i realized that Lady S was unofficially there for me. At a time when no one was there to help, Lady S carried me away from my path of self destruction. I know it's corny and shit, and I might be alone on this one, but on real note I felt attached to my S. Even though it's darn noisy, her silence and cheap sound system was all I needed, I never said a word, neither did she. I was cured! On my way back home I felt the urge to post this up ASAP. Not to look for consolidation but to share the power and my experience with the infamous S2000. Even though it's only a car, it does wonders. I was thinking of selling her, but now I apologize for even making that consideration. I know this story is silly, and I might sound like a big pansy, but what the hell, it's a true story and there's no shame to it.

I'm sorry for making this longer than expected, I tried making it as short as possible, and I'm sure I missed a bunch of important events, but once again, I had to post this up. Thanks Honda, and S2Ki for allowing me to waste bandwidth.
Old 10-24-2009, 08:25 PM

It's ok man. I feel like that everyday myself. It is also ok to drive the S like it is suppose to be driven. The S will thank you for it too.
Try some of this and then
Old 10-24-2009, 08:34 PM

Originally Posted by hondaBeater,Oct 24 2009, 08:25 PM
It's ok man. I feel like that everyday myself. It is also ok to drive the S like it is suppose to be driven. The S will thank you for it too.
Try some of this and then
Thanks bud. Drinking did cross my mind, but it seemed like a cowardly way to face my problem. Not too mention it isn't a healthy practice. I'm all better now though, and I've apologized to my Lady S for pushing her to rpm's not acceptable by her (overrev).
Old 10-24-2009, 08:34 PM

Glad to hear you found a remedy. Ya it's true what you said- everyone feels that level of "down" from time to time.

If you're having troubles that seem too much for you, get some counseling.

Old 10-24-2009, 09:07 PM
Former Moderator

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

You're a pansy....

But so am I.

Midnight drives in the S2000 were the key to my sanity at multiple times during the early '00s when I needed to blow off steam from the pressures of work.

It reminded me that we do have control over a little corner of our worlds and there are always people who are worse off... Like those Toyota drivers...
Old 10-24-2009, 09:13 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i know what you mean. when i get sad and im too afraid to tell anyone. i hope in my baby. and i take a ride, no certain destination or time. just get in and go. inside of my baby, is a place where i am some how always happy and a place where i seek comfort. i love to study in my car. every time i look at my baby, i smile and i am so happy that she is there. man, i think i would go so crazy if some tries to steal my baby.
Old 10-24-2009, 10:08 PM

it is always nice to have an outlet. i bought the s2000 for a similar reason. i find myself going on random drives myself to help vent stress.
Old 10-24-2009, 10:10 PM

you should start lifting weights. you blow off steam when your bored, depressed or stressed. and it benefits you in other ways ;p
Old 10-24-2009, 10:12 PM

man, I've been there. Angry driving sessions at 4 am rule...

Just don't put your wee wee in the exhaust... It burns >: (
Old 10-24-2009, 10:12 PM

yeah, i tried that. then some how i ended up working out 4 hours a day. and somehow i was more angry???

Quick Reply: My s2000, perhaps my only friend