S2000 Talk Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it.

My roadster comparisons

Old 07-26-2001, 08:35 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally posted by mister_two
By "redundant" radio controls, I take it you mean the audio controls on the left side of the dash by the steering wheel. This should be moved from the "cons" to the "pros". It's one of the better features of the interior, having the radio controls at your fingertips. The only time I take down the radio door is when I need to change a CD. I really miss that feature when I am not driving the S.
This is exactly the point I was going to make. Yes the radio controls are redundant, but I like having a set at my fingertips. This setup also gives my wife easy access to the center console so that she can change CDs when need be.
Old 07-28-2001, 12:41 PM
Zeo

MDavis, are u posting and getting feedback from other enthusiast sites (porsche, bmw, audi) as well?

I haven't posted much, because I only joined recently. But I've been scouring the boards for as much information as I can since I bought my S2K. And let me say that I am very happy with the great information, feedback, responses, community and enthusiasm found here. I think you would also agree, considering the amount of responses you've had yourself. So as another thing to consider, the camaraderie here alone is awesome.

Another thing is owning a limited production car. There are so many Boxsters, Z3's, M3's & what else on the road. Its truly awesome to an S2000 on the road, despite the fact I already own one.

And lastly, as you have said yourself, the car is inspring and fun to drive. Everyone here will vouch that you will always make excuses to yourself to get in and drive somewhere, anywhere. That nonsense about no oppurtunities to VTEC a daily driver (one of the reviews quoted above) have no basis in reality. Because once you start driving it, you will make reasons - believe me. I'm normally a conservative driver, but every so often I open her up - and she thanks me.

I dont' regret the purchase, and I know after driving her for a short time, that I never will.

Bottom line - buy it. You won't regret it.
Old 07-29-2001, 01:16 AM

Mark,
What else have you driven? What are your thoughts on this these days?
LOVE the price/performance graph!
Don
Old 08-06-2001, 04:34 PM

Well...I'm going to test drive the WRX as a data point and update the spreadsheet.

My thoughts: a '02 S2K is at the top of the list, but the safety is a big concern to me.

-Mark