S2000 Talk Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it.

My REVIEW:T1R Exhaust w/ Berk Test Pipe Impression

Old 10-21-2005, 06:22 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default My REVIEW:T1R Exhaust w/ Berk Test Pipe Impression

I've had a Neuspeed Dual Exhaust (which is for sale by the way, just not posted so shoot me offers if interested), which is a bit tame, so I wanted something more aggressive and decided to go with a T1R 63mm, with Berk Test Pipe.

I bought the Test Pipe through the GB and acquired the T1R through a member here.

The install went relatively smooth with no major problems, other than those that were self-created. I was very surprised in the weight difference between the T1R and Neuspeed though, probably a 20-25 pound difference. I would say the T1R w/ Test Pipe weighed maybe 25 pounds at most?

After tightening the bolts and moving the hangers the exhaust fits perfect and is alligned right in the middle of the bumper outlet.

Initial opinions:

It's much much louder than what I was expecting, especially when starting up in my garage. At anything other than 20% throttle it can be quite loud, but not yet obnoxious, yet. The look is perfect as the contrast between the full blue titanium tip and black number looks perfect (IMO)!

Power:

The car is definitely quicker throughout the entire powerband. Specifically, accelerating from 3K-6K the car is much quicker in addition to added throttle response. From 6K and on the car just roars and is just plain mean. It sounds very loud, while maintaining a clean and solid sound (rather than just loud noise). From 6K and up the power feels like it has increased, but more power has been added pre-VTEC, which is a good thing.

The smell compared to a cat-setup is not bad at all, in fact hardly noticable when actually trying to smell for differences.

I'd like to get some video clips with sound for anyone interested, but I would definitely recommended this setup to anyone, especially those looking for a big power increase without the big wallet-snatching effect (like Amuse, J's, and Toda).

Next I just need to get a single exhaust cap (Waiting on the CF Group-Buy). Let me know if you have any questions!

Old 10-23-2005, 05:28 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hmmm... that exhaust looks mighty familiar. Nice exhaust man.

I can't imagine how loud it is with the test pipe. It's probably significantly louder than when I had it on my car with a cat.