S2000 Talk Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it.

My Poor S2K

Old 06-04-2001, 09:35 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

hy
Old 06-04-2001, 09:41 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i dont know about the insurance thing but man i am sorry bout your car...............if that wouldve been me i wouldve been in tears looking at my car damaged, i dont think that i would be abel to take it
glad that your ok though too good luck with everything
jen
Old 06-05-2001, 01:27 AM

I'd just tell the insurance folks what happened. Sounds like the accident was unavoidable; that's why you have insurance. Probably the most important thing to do is have a very good shop assess and estimate your damage. Don't let the insurance company short you on any needed repairs or replacements that might show up in the future. Good luck.
Old 06-05-2001, 08:13 AM

Ooouch!!!

DavS2K 01'

Blk/Blk
Old 06-05-2001, 08:30 AM

As others have said, be up front with the insurance company and contact them asap. Things like this happen and that's why we have insurance companies. Your insurer is obligated to fix your car. Find a good repair place and ask if they do work for your particular insurance co.

Hang in there and after all is said and done, you will be back enjoying your S2K.
Old 06-05-2001, 08:33 AM

Damn dude sorry to hear it. Like it has been previously stated...be honest with your insurance company and make sure you get it to a shop you trust...you want it in the exact same condidtion as before the accident of course and you need a really good body shop to get that done. Good luck bro!
Old 06-05-2001, 08:37 AM

Many years ago an insurance agent of mine had just this one bit of advice.

"If an animal runs in front of your car, don't do anything drastic trying to miss it."

He told me more of his "good-driver" clients had accidents due to animals than most other causes. So when I see a critter jump out in front of me now, I slow down (not emergency stop) and never swerve unless I'm traveling very slowly. Yes I've hit a few critters over the years, but I've never run into a ditch trying to avoid one.
Old 06-05-2001, 08:52 AM

I'll be honest, I've swerved to avoid hitting animals before. The fact still remains, you are not supposed to swerve, only brake. With that said, if you have "full" coverage, your insurance company should take care of you. Whether you made a mistake or not, you pay them to take care of you when there is an accident. If they try and jack you around or you get the feeling you aren't being taken care of properly, just mention that you'll have to consult w/ your lawyer before you can continue any further. That should give 'em a scare and if they don't comply, then really go get a lawyer.
Old 06-05-2001, 09:09 AM
Community Organizer

Received 12 Likes on 5 Posts

[QUOTE]Originally posted by BLADES2K
[B]Yup, it's finally happened
Old 06-05-2001, 09:14 AM

Everyone here is right...

You should contact the insurance company... but be forewared they will likely treat it like a collision claim...

Unless you hit the animal, then its a "act of god" type of thing...

If you ran off the road avoiding said animal, its likely to be a collision... in your case sounds like there is enough damage that it will far exceed your deductible...

As my agent told me, if a ladder falls off a truck and hits your car, its handled as a comp claim (unless you are able to get the person who's truck it was).

If the same ladder hits the ground and THEN you hit it, its a collision.

Sucks, doesn't it?

Sorry to hear about your mishap... I learned the hard way about road objects, and am a little better educated about the whole thing... its a shame that it works that way...

Quick Reply: My Poor S2K