S2000 Talk Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it.

my message

Old 01-09-2009, 12:45 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 00S2K01S4' date='Jan 9 2009, 04:57 PM
Looking back when I was a teenager, I thought I was mature and smart. It's all the same. Wait until you get older, you will eventually feel the same. I don't think teenagers are stupid for owning this car. It's just a car.
^ Mutual feeling. The younger members on here will not understand where most of the older members on here are coming from until it's their turn to look back and see for themselves.

I don't think teens are stupid for owning this car. However, in this day in age of the - (it's all about ME generation), I feel that most teens don't know the meaning of value and take things for granted.
Old 01-09-2009, 12:48 PM

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by hondaBeater' date='Jan 9 2009, 12:50 PM
yeah, there a FEW kids with a real passion for the s2k. I don't mind these few at all. It's the rest of them punks and their friends that cause all the problems.
A lot of teenagers get their car through their parents and they don't know the true value of ownership. I've always had a passion for cars and I took care of the one my parents got me because I respected their investment in it. Now that I have purchased my s2k and have sole ownership I know that I have to take care of it or I'm out of a car.

What I'm trying to get at is that many of the older owners worked hard to purchase their vehicles while teenagers typically get it handed to them (exceptions of course). Since the s2k has been out for 9 years it's within price range of teenagers starting to drive which irks the older s2k owners because this type of car belongs to the older age group since they're the ones who typically can afford it. They're just mad that kids are buying them and thrashing them out which puts a negative connotation on them.

If you're a teenager and happened to work hard and purchase the s2k yourself or work out a deal with your parents to pay for part of it, then cool. If it was given to you and you are responsible about driving it then cool, you're an exception to the rule.
Old 01-09-2009, 12:48 PM

Originally Posted by s2000freak23' date='Jan 9 2009, 01:18 PM
time has changed and kids are smarter and a young age
I hate to break it to you, but stupid kids have been saying this since the beginning of time.

Although I guess times have changed, because when I was 17 I could actually write a complete sentence.
Old 01-09-2009, 12:57 PM

[quote name='GTI 20v' date='Jan 9 2009, 01:48 PM'] I hate to break it to you, but stupid kids have been saying this since the beginning of time.
Old 01-09-2009, 01:01 PM

That made me laugh GTI
Old 01-09-2009, 03:29 PM

I remember when I was in high school and I had a friend who believed he was mature and whatnot. He sure proved it when he decided to try drifting in his 2004 Corrola in the school parking lot and almost hit a parked car... with a friend of mine in his trunk

After that we kinda stopped contact for a while.
Old 01-09-2009, 03:31 PM

Received 56 Likes on 39 Posts

Originally Posted by s2kwhitepanama' date='Jan 9 2009, 01:27 PM
i am 20 years old ... yes my mommi bought my car but i buy it because is driving experience , real sport car , race car sensation and i clean up by my self i care the car to much since i have ever eaten or smoke a cigarrete on my car , i dont let overweight people , i dont park near cars , i have never been wrecked , i dont take alcohol , i dont streetrace , i obey all public lawsss.... i love this car...... but sometimes the more jackass people are the old ones here i have seen old people making 200km in porsches bmws m3 and thats stuff in a public road maded for 60 km , drunk people old guys that have sport cars and are drunk and police even do to much to them because they are in a porsche or a mercedez or are vip but when they see this kid 20years in a small honda s2000 they want tu **** yourself with anykind of tickets ...
oh wow, I don't think I will ever get tired of reading your posts

Back on topic, I really don't pay to much attention to age, just don't act stupid. That goes for those 40yr olds who act worse than some 17 yr olds.
Old 01-09-2009, 03:54 PM

I was 14 when I bought my first car. It was a 94 del sol. I bought it for $3,900. Nothing was paid by my parents. I had $800 saved up and put a down payment on it. One of the guys that my mom worked with had this car, and I was able to pay payments on it, until it was paid off.

Ive always paid my insurance, bought my own gas, oil change and even tires. About 7 months ago I sold it and picked up a 00 Civic Si. My mom and dad did cosign for this car, however, I still pay the payments and everything else. After my h.s graduation im wanting to try and trade off my civic for either an black/red/yellow 04 or 05 S2K.

Btw im only 18.
Old 01-09-2009, 03:54 PM

if you're on s2ki, chances are you're not one of the "stupid" drivers so chill out.
Old 01-09-2009, 04:04 PM

Received 522 Likes on 400 Posts

Exceptions don't change generalizatons, so be proud that you're an exception and disassociate yourself from the mainstream.
But I will add this as a 20 something year old, every teenager goes through the phase where they feel their generation knows more than the generations of year past, it comes with being a teenager. I see that now that I'm no longer one. Keep in mind that my generation went through the most technological changes whereas with you guys it's norm, but even we weren't any wiser than generation of years past, the only thing that changed is that now you have a bigger outlet to voice yourselves through larger social networks.
But if you want to see where we're coming from, take a gander on honda tech and see the crap that ensues.

Quick Reply: my message