S2000 Talk Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it.

my message

Old 01-09-2009, 09:18 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy my message

I am 17 and I worked for this car...I am paying for it myself....I love this car, I drive it with a passion, I take care of it and try learning alot about this car from you guys...This thread was about how special we are of owning this car....The people who said that teenagers who have this car are "stupid", arent being fair because you are thinking of us as immarture and dont know anything...time has changed and kids are smarter and a young age...ever since I owned this car, when I see other S2ks' I saw hi and simile at them....I dont disrespect the car or anybody who owns it, but then people who disrespect us for owning it at a young age are very immature...You should encourage us and help us learn about this car and things we should expect in our path of owning this car
Old 01-09-2009, 09:20 AM

relax.
Old 01-09-2009, 09:39 AM

he makes a point.. a lot of people on this board do point at us for being immature and automatically assume we CANT take care of the car and WILL wreck it..in most cases ive seen. these "stupid" teenage drivers you guys think we are..are usually around driving corollas or old beaters. but if we can own and s2000, or for that matter know what it is even. and in his case paying for it himself im sure. we have a lot more intelligence and maturity then you guys think we do..

that was the only thing that bugged me about s2ki, a lot of people are stuck on the mindset that ALL teens are wreck less and immature.
Old 01-09-2009, 09:41 AM

Glad to hear your feelings but in any sports car forum teenagers will always get crap for driving one. life is unfair . People do stereotype and there are a decent amount of mature teenagers out there, but people think the way they do because teenagers are generally not as responsible or mature as they think they are. Heck when I was 16-18 I thought I was so cool and if I was caught acting or doing anything like that now, I would be soooo embarrassed. I think the few reports and posts on teenagers street racing, crashing, and/or tyPing like dys and mispelleng ez wurds ruins it for the rest. Also, in high school, all my friends with nicer cars raced as often as they could, showed off, and we all though that was cool. I also thought that blow off valves and a turbo car was the coolest thing EVER. Now (only half a decade later), there is no way I'd be caught driving a car that goes vroooom PFFFFT unless it was a dedicated track car or a built street monster.

All in all, be glad that you are able to drive one and can afford one at such a young age! My dad refused to get me a car or let me buy a car that had any acceleration power because "it's pointless and only used to drive fast and get tickets." I'd much rather be 17 and get the sporadic crapping on me on online forums than drive a sentra until I'm 22 years old .
Old 01-09-2009, 09:43 AM

Please keep it that way - wreck less Don't mind other people who give you grief too much. ENJOY YOUR CAR
Old 01-09-2009, 09:45 AM

thanks for all of your support...
Old 01-09-2009, 09:46 AM

i dont have the s2k YET
but unfortunatly im probably going to be stuck doing a half and half situation with my parents..which they are comfortable with paying half..but id rather pay for it all myself..

they just dont know i want the s2k yet, or even have an idea that ive been looking.

im pretty sure as soon as they see its a RWD 2 door convertible car they will say automatically no.
they got my brother his tC when he was my age (17) and they were scared of that car for him. but doesnt make much sense since my father is an enthusiast.
Old 01-09-2009, 09:47 AM

ahah at the wreck less comment

spell check ftl
Old 01-09-2009, 09:49 AM

Originally Posted by AutoSid' date='Jan 9 2009, 10:46 AM
i dont have the s2k YET
but unfortunatly im probably going to be stuck doing a half and half situation with my parents..which they are comfortable with paying half..but id rather pay for it all myself..

they just dont know i want the s2k yet, or even have an idea that ive been looking.

im pretty sure as soon as they see its a RWD 2 door convertible car they will say automatically no.
they got my brother his tC when he was my age (17) and they were scared of that car for him. but doesnt make much sense since my father is an enthusiast.
haha good luck on the parental convincing!

Although I highly do not recommend this car as a first car. I'm so glad my first car was more of a beater... hitting curbs and other cars, beer bottles hitting my car, stalling, scraping, etc etc would not look too nice on my s2k .
Old 01-09-2009, 09:50 AM

yeah, there a FEW kids with a real passion for the s2k. I don't mind these few at all. It's the rest of them punks and their friends that cause all the problems.

Quick Reply: my message