S2000 Talk Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it.

My Honda Service is awsome to work with...

Old 07-02-2002, 02:04 PM
S2K

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have a 2001 Silverstone S2000 and last year I had the headlights replaced because their appeared to be some stress fractures on the lens. The service manager that worked with me ordered brand new headlight housings for me. Next day, I got the car back and it was beautiful. I have a friend and his little brother works in the service department. He said that they took such good care of the car that they even stored it indoors before the shopped closed up.

Just last week, I brought the S in for service. 2-3 gear had that buzzing noise, the latches made "clicking" noise when going over bumps, and drivers side window would not go down when lowering the top. Service manager said that he knew about the windows TSB, but will check on the other two issues. Next day, he calls me up and says that there are TSBs on the other two problems I seem to be having. He has already ordered the parts (clutch plate, window motor, new latches) and they won't be here til July 1st. So he said I could pickup the car and drop it back off on July 2nd (today, which I did this morning). He just called me and said that after getting the tranny off, the flywheel and pressure plates need to be replaced as well (they had burn marks on them). He has already ordered the parts and will be here tomorrow. Once the get the parts in, car should be ready by tomorrow afternoon. He said all the parts/labor were covered under warranty, YES!!!

Wow!!! I am pretty impressed by the level of service I have been receiving from my dealer. I hope they continue to provide me with great service since I only live like less then 1/2 mile from them.
Old 07-02-2002, 08:13 PM

Received 5,749 Likes on 3,386 Posts

Well, I'm impressed. So where is the awesome dealership located?
Old 07-02-2002, 09:34 PM
S2K

Dealer is located in White Bear Lake, Minnesota...
Old 07-02-2002, 10:02 PM

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

Amongst all those "horror" dealer stories, it's nice to see the occasional "rave" one like this. If anyone from my town has a good dealer story, I'd love to know which dealer.
Old 07-03-2002, 04:37 AM

S2k, if the dealer is Buerkle, I agree. I have dealt with them for 20 years and they are one of the reasons I got an S2k because I know the service dept foreman and he takes care of me. They have always been reasonable and straight with me. I am glad someone else can corroborate my feelings!!
Old 07-03-2002, 08:10 AM
S2K

Originally posted by Ernie
S2k, if the dealer is Buerkle, I agree. I have dealt with them for 20 years and they are one of the reasons I got an S2k because I know the service dept foreman and he takes care of me. They have always been reasonable and straight with me. I am glad someone else can corroborate my feelings!!
Why yes, it is Buerkle Honda. I'm glad to hear that you have had great service there as well. They assigned me to Mike who is in charge of the GOLD Team.
Old 07-03-2002, 08:45 AM

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

[QUOTE]Originally posted by S2K
[B]

Why yes, it is Buerkle Honda.
Old 07-03-2002, 10:21 AM

Nothing wrong with "Ernie" xviper
Old 07-03-2002, 10:40 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

S2K, nice post! Congrats on your Honda Dealer Relationship!!!

I have a long-standing relationship with a small "out of the city" Honda dealer and they have treated me like gold for years. They have done lots of service to my '90 CRX-Si track car and have installed about 75% of the aftermarket parts on it. Now they are taking care of my S2000 and have already shown that they will continue to "get it" and work to please me.

I read the horror stories of other dealers and I just cringe. How sad. They obviously "don't get it" and I can't fathom how they can be so short sighted. Like they think all us car nuts don't communicate with each other.
Old 07-03-2002, 10:42 AM

I'd like to put a good word in for the dealership I service my S2000 at - Bay Ridge Honda in Brooklyn New York.

Not only were they extremely polite and timely, but they took exceptionally good care of my car. When I saw the technician driving my car out of the service room I asked: "where is he going with it" She replied: "We have a special room downstairs that we park the S2000's in, you didn't think we parked them up here with the Civics did you?"

When I picked up my car, as clean as I left it inside and out, there was a note on the dashboard that instructed the technicians "Do not park this car outside under condition."

Quick Reply: My Honda Service is awsome to work with...