S2000 Talk Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it.

My dealer claims...

Old 11-01-2000, 11:42 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

that they will have my cars, tranny, clutch and seatbelts done by tonight.(Only 2 days)

I will have to see it to believe it. I went by and checked on the car, and they has the tranny out and were waiting of the clutch disk to arrive, however I am concerned that they are not replacing the pressure plate or to bearing. We will see.
Old 11-01-2000, 11:46 AM

If they actually do it in 2 days, that has got to be a record
Old 11-01-2000, 06:08 PM

Well they called to say it was ready at 4pm... unfortunately I did not get the message until 5pm, and could only leave the office by 5:30... so did not make it by 6pm. will get it in the am on the way to work. They did the tranny, clutch(disk only I think) and seatbelts... they say we will have a long discussion about the window.
Old 11-02-2000, 03:54 PM

Well picked it up at 8am, the tranny feels really nice, much improved, much quieter overall, especially when decellerating from 4k rpm... was disapointed to find they had only replaced the clutch disk and not the pressure plate/to bearing. Can't complain though. No luck with getting the rear window replaced and they did not even attempt to polish it. The bad news is it has developed a rattle in the dash area, and my mirror appears to be loose. Will have to call them tomorrow.
Old 11-02-2000, 05:54 PM

Red_s2k , who is your local dealer and do you feel they performed your service tasks well?
Old 11-02-2000, 06:53 PM

Freeman Honda(originaly Goode-Taylor)off I35 at Ewing (across from the Dallas Zoo), they hit the time estimate on the nose as far as getting the car in and out, It sounds like cdelena's experience was better at Eagle, however I feel sure that by the time the found a solution to his clutch they were happy to get it done. In my case I have taken a casual approach to this and recieved pretty good service. I purposely left the car with very little gas in it tho', and the guy giving me my keys, commented that they could not test drive it much due to it being almost out of gas!! Also they only gave me the rental because I have the EW... so they were forced too.
Old 11-03-2000, 07:13 AM

David,
I am surprised they wouldn't replace your rear window.
I had no problem getting mine done or even getting them to replace it the second time(which I haven't done yet).

If you really want it replaced try Rusty Wallis Honda.
Old 06-13-2001, 10:20 AM

I am bringing mine to Lute Riley Monday morning for the same fix, and they estimated the same time... roughly two days. Has anyone else gone there for the clutch problem and if so, was it a good experience?
Old 06-13-2001, 10:49 AM

Do a search on Lute Riley. I will tell you that I would run not walk away from this dealership. There have been some pretty significant problems with the service department too, although if I recall correctly the S2000 owner got his concerns mitigated if not completely remedied. After personally experiencing their sales staff, I can assure you I'd never buy or do business there.
Old 06-13-2001, 10:56 AM

Thanks! I'll definitely check somewhere else!

Quick Reply: My dealer claims...