S2000 Talk Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it.

My 2004 S2000 the beginning of a saga

Old 03-09-2004, 02:36 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I finally got it! After years of loving, wishing, and lusting after the coveted rice rocket, I finally obtained my 2004 Silverstone S2000.

I have always loved the S, yet there were always things I did not really like about it at the same time. The plastic window, for example never made me happy. When they fixed that in '02, I nearly got one, but something still kept me from my dream.

2003 rolls around. I just sold my latest car, the weather is right and I get extremely close to getting one. Something still holds me back. It's the changes this time. I don't want to be disappointed in a year, so somehow I muster the strength wait until 2004.

2004: I love it. Honda has done everything right. I'm not sure about the new engine, but the lines look better than ever.

My first test drive in the 04 is grand. It is just like I remembered it the last two years I "was going to" buy it. Perhaps there is more kick and perhaps I miss the extra few revs, but I rationalize that they cancel each other out.

Finding the right price: So I decide to try all of the Internet routes of doing things. I purchase everything from socks to tires online, so why not a car. The prices on ebay never hit the reserve. The local dealers think the car is an Enzo Ferrari. It looks like I will never obtain my car, for I am not paying sticker for the thing -no matter how much I love the car.

Then I find it -McDavid Honda in Texas. I make an offer of 29,600 and they accept. They'll ship it for 300 and I'll pay my tax rate in my relatively cheap county in Alabama. WHAT A DEAL!
(By the way... These guys at McDavid are great... the service is wonderful and they are high volume)

Here some of the pics the dealer sent me:

Delays, Delays, Delays: Well it takes forever to get the car, and needless to say I am about to wet my pants with excitement. The truck driver misses the operating hours of the dealership, so I am behind schedule by about two days. WILL I EVER GET MY CAR??!!!

YES!

The car arrives February 29, 2004 around lunchtime. It was the only day of the week that it did not rain, and it was the most beautiful day we've had in Alabama since the winter season.

Problems: The truck driver scraped my bumper. There is no solution. I don't want to get it painted and touch-up paint just looks bad. I guess I'll live with it.

More problems: Vtec... WHY DOES IT TAKE SO LONG TO HIT 600 MILES!!!

Even more problems: The rain started again on Monday. I enjoyed my car despite the precipitation. I had no class and was able to drive all day. Tuesday, however, was a different story. As I was backing my car into a spot, another parking lot cruiser was backing out of her spot. She'd "never seen anyone back into a spot before" and "didn't know what I was doing." In turn, she hits my three-day-old S2000. There's over $2000 in damage, and I am in deep depression.

As of today (March 9, 2004): My car is still in disrepair. I am trying to find a repair shop that I feel as if I can trust. I just want my car back to normal! Why Why Why Why Me!!!

Hence my delays in posting my news of obtaining my wonderful, bittersweet Silverstone S.

My current mods are clear sides and a super sweet dented rear quarter panel.

I am currently 23 miles away from Vtec. I should hit it tonight or tomorrow!

Long live the S
Old 03-09-2004, 02:42 PM

congratz !!!!!!!
looks real nice.
Old 03-09-2004, 02:45 PM

congrats on your purchase, sorry to hear about all the damage done to your car, only 3 days into age you should have demanded a new rear bumper from the dealership for giving you a car with a already scraped up bumper! im sure they would, and if not, say you wont buy the car because of it, why should you pay 30k for something that is damaged?
with the backing up into the parking spot, is the person who hit you paying for damages?
Old 03-09-2004, 02:52 PM

Poor S2k..and it looks like you don't have a garage for it either
Old 03-09-2004, 04:30 PM

Congrats on recieving your S!! But I'm sorry to read about (and see) the damage done to your ride. I know how you feel though....I didn't own my S for even a month, and some punk keyed my driver's side door and panel.
Old 03-09-2004, 04:50 PM

Nice car. Sorry it was run into already. Bad luck I guess. Oh, well. It can be fixed.

I past through Tuscaloosa last week on my way to Columbus, MS.

Kris
Old 03-09-2004, 04:56 PM

VTEC it! (but not in the rain, you might find yourself driving sideways - not a good thing) congratz!!!
Old 03-09-2004, 05:06 PM

I would trade the damaged one for a new one and eat the cost. That car is damaged goods now and it would not seem new.
Old 03-09-2004, 05:35 PM

Congrats on your purchase, especially since you got the best color!

Oh, since you obviously have good taste, I won't hold it against you just because you live in that "other town" in AL.
Old 03-09-2004, 06:25 PM

first, congrats on the new purchase. Second, my deepest sympathy to your recent unfortunate accident. I hope you will find a repair shop that will fix her back to the way she was before. Just hang in there

Quick Reply: My 2004 S2000 the beginning of a saga