S2000 Talk Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it.

My 1st ticket in the S! :(

Old 04-29-2003, 09:32 PM
J.T

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default My 1st ticket in the S! :(

Well I finally got my first ticket in the S2000. I knew it would come sooner or later I just wished it didn't come the same day I raplaced my $400 windshield

Anyway, There was construction that stopped the freeway so I decided to get off and go around using sidestreets. I got lost but found myself staring down a long dark open road. I thought what the heck, let let Jasmine spread her wings. Wrong move.

As I was reaching 130mph I noticed a car parked off the side off the road. Yep you guessed it. Riverside police. I let off the gas and watched him pull out behind me in my rearview mirror. He didn't turn on his lights until I got down to about 70mph. I pulled over.

Well the cop seemed nice and I was polite. He told me He had to go about 120 just to catch up to me and asked me how fast I was going. I said 70. He said he clocked me at 115. I said WHA!
He asked me if I knew the speed limit and I told him what it was. then he went to write me the ticket.

The whole time I'm sitting there thinking there goes my license. He comes back and asks me what kinda car it is and that it's nice. He also tell me he noticed that it was pretty fast He gave me a ticket for going 70 in a 45. whew

Needless to say, there are nice cops out there. He could have easily written the ticket for 115 at which he said he clocked me at and which is slower that what I was going as I passed him. I'm ok with it. I deserve it, maybe now I'll slow it down alittle.
Old 04-29-2003, 09:38 PM

plead not guilty- you may be able to get the charge reduced
Old 04-29-2003, 09:54 PM
Ray

130 in 45 MPH road. That's pretty impressive.

It gets a little easier everytime you get one. Here is a little present if you didn't know of it already.

http://www.ticketassassin.com/docs/forms050264.html
Old 04-29-2003, 11:04 PM
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

130 in a 45 and you're complaining about getting a ticket. He could have arrested you, probably should have arrested you. Thank your lucky stars
Old 04-29-2003, 11:44 PM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Strike
[B]130 in a 45 and you're complaining about getting a ticket.
Old 04-30-2003, 12:03 AM

Originally posted by J.T
There was construction that stopped the freeway so I decided to go around using sidestreets. I found myself staring down a long dark open road...As I was reaching 130mph...
130 mph on a long dark road? Damn, J.T: you are lucky. At 130 mph, even in daylight on Highway 5 - which I've attained - it takes some concentration to stay focused. Can't imagine doing 130 mph on a dark road. Glad you're still alive, and that no one else got hurt, too.
Old 04-30-2003, 07:43 AM

Sometimes you get lucky and sometime you don't. Even though you got a ticket, I'd say you were lucky because he drastically reduced it and you didn't go to jail. When I had my '79 Celica I once got very lucky and once had a severe case of bad luck.

Good Luck: I was driving down a 4 lane non-divided road on my way to work doing about 50mph in a 45mph zone. A guy in a Mustang GT pulls up right behind me and starts riding my butt. Since it is obvious that he wants to race, I put the petal to the metal and take my Celica up to 100mph. He was right on my bumper the whole way. Then I get to work and pull in. He follows me in to the parking lot at which point I see the decal on the side of his car. He's a Georgia State Patrol officer! He asks me why I was going so fast, but I made no excuses. I just kept saying that I was sorry. He then tells me that he doesn't have time to write me a ticket and he doesn't have his ticket book with him anyway, so it's my lucky day.

Bad Luck: I dropped my girlfriend off at her house at 2:00am on my 19th birthday. Since there were no cars around, I decided to go a little faster on my way home. I was going about 80mph in a 45mph zone when I passed a police car that was sitting in a Waffle House parking lot. I slowed down, but wasn't too worried because my radar detector didn't go off. About two minutes later I had come to a stop at a red light and he pulls in behind me and turns his lights on. I pulled over and he says he got me going 79 in a 45. I told him that he must be mistaken because my radar detector didn't go off. He then says that he paced me, but I know that's BS because I slowed down when I saw him. However, I'm too smart to call a police officer a liar so I didn't say anything, and besides, he had made a pretty good guess. He then looks at my drivers license and says "I see it's your birthday. Well happy birthday, you're going to jail." He then cuffed me, stuffed me in the back of his car, and took me to jail where I got to spend six fun filled hours, until I got bailed out, with a bunch of drunk rednecks that thought it was funny that I got thrown in jail for speeding in a Celica.
Old 04-30-2003, 07:48 AM
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally posted by KW-AP1

He isn't complaining. He just told it like it is and even said he deserved it.
You're right. I guess I was just astonished someone would go 130 in a 45, and then more so that he would post about it on the Internet.
Old 04-30-2003, 09:31 AM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Sheister
[B]He then looks at my drivers license and says "I see it's your birthday.
Old 04-30-2003, 09:38 AM

You are lucky!! Slow down...... I do not know if you are going to get your licenses suspended..... cause here in Georgia if you are 24miles and above the posted speed limit they will suspended your licenses for 6 months. I knew from personal experience!! =P I guess that only applys to 16 - 17yr old drivers with class D licenses.

Quick Reply: My 1st ticket in the S! :(