S2000 Talk Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it.

My .02 about the color of my S2k.

Old 08-13-2006, 03:52 PM
EOE

Received 62 Likes on 55 Posts
Default My .02 about the color of my S2k.

So I purchased a 2004 S2k... At first I loved the color, it looked clean and sharp. Really easy to maintain and just the color I didn't mind. Today I saw 2 S2000 drive by and one was Red and other one was Yellow. Now going from black car to this I am happy how it looks clean but the way I felt is as if I was a bit upset about my color choice.

I felt as if this is the darker silver and should not blend in with every other car here in AZ. Well now I feel as if Silver is....
Not as Sharp as Black or White
Not exiting as Red and Yellow
But simple and clean.

I just dont know, I feel as if I made the right choice but at the same time I am looking at different options to what I can do to the car, and feel as if it's allot harder to make the silver car look "HOT" as I did with my previous black prelude.

Please tell me your opinions. Please show me pics of clean sexy silver S2ks and just throw out your opinion on my thoughts. Any comments are welcome and thank you so much for the feedback.

- Dmitriy

Old 08-13-2006, 04:14 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Your slight hesitation is exactly why I passed up on two silverstone S2000s. The color blends in with everythign out there, as most people get silver cars in the US.

It's still a nice car though, If you want to spruce it up, go with some bronze wheels and a hardtop. That will surely make heads turn

Then again... you could always sell it and buy a New Formula Red
Old 08-13-2006, 04:32 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

another reason why i bought a spa yellow or i wouldn't mind the rio as well..
Old 08-13-2006, 04:36 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

kinda the same feelings i have about my silverstone, but i do love it and the red/black interior gets me looks when the tops down
Old 08-13-2006, 04:43 PM

My origional first choice was actually the Silverstone with black and red. I got such a great deal on my NFR (my second choice), that I couldnt pass it up. I have to say that I am glad I have the NFR now, cause it seems like when I do see ans S (which is rare) they are always Sebring or Silversone. That being said, I still think Silverstone is one of the sexiest colors on the S, though.
Old 08-13-2006, 07:07 PM

I had a black AP1 and I just go an 04 Silverstone. I feel the same way, the car kinda blends into the background...

But nothing says "look at me" like some gold JDM *bling* rims and a loud-ass titanium exhaust
Old 08-13-2006, 07:13 PM

Received 18 Likes on 18 Posts

Silverstone is THE color for the S2000!

Besides, ladies LOVE Silverstone.
Old 08-13-2006, 07:14 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

hahahahaha...so funny because this is the exactly why i went with silverstone..or at least was convinced to go with siverstone.

I originally wanted red or yellow cuz both look awesome. very flashy and special. but i went with silverstone because it's more subtle, classy, and doesn't gather attention. it's more timeless to me.

silverstone looks hot at night under city lights.
Old 08-13-2006, 07:29 PM

I say good color choice.

P.S. Welcome to the board, and congrats.
Old 08-13-2006, 07:37 PM

Originally Posted by EOE,Aug 13 2006, 03:52 PM
So I purchased a 2004 S2k... At first I loved the color, it looked clean and sharp. Really easy to maintain and just the color I didn't mind. Today I saw 2 S2000 drive by and one was Red and other one was Yellow. Now going from black car to this I am happy how it looks clean but the way I felt is as if I was a bit upset about my color choice.

I felt as if this is the darker silver and should not blend in with every other car here in AZ. Well now I feel as if Silver is....
Not as Sharp as Black or White
Not exiting as Red and Yellow
But simple and clean.

I just dont know, I feel as if I made the right choice but at the same time I am looking at different options to what I can do to the car, and feel as if it's allot harder to make the silver car look "HOT" as I did with my previous black prelude.

Please tell me your opinions. Please show me pics of clean sexy silver S2ks and just throw out your opinion on my thoughts. Any comments are welcome and thank you so much for the feedback.

- Dmitriy

I like Silverstone Way better than Sebring.

Quick Reply: My .02 about the color of my S2k.