S2000 Talk Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it.

Muz Whiteline X-Brace

Old 05-14-2007, 08:27 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Muz Whiteline X-Brace

Hi All,

I just received a Whiteline X-brace from Muz, but I'm having some trouble getting it to fit. 3 of the 4 holes line up, but the last hole is off by about 1.4mm. What can I do to get it to fit? Even with the proper tools, I don't see how I can force the brace in to place so the last bolt will go in. Should I use a dremel and widen the hole? I spent three very exhausting hours under my car this evening

Any tips would be greatly appreciated - thanks all!
Old 05-14-2007, 08:36 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

do you have the car on a lift or 4 jack stands? there were a few threads from awhile ago with people saying the chassis flex was too much, so you need the car completely off the ground.
Old 05-14-2007, 08:37 PM

Originally Posted by rustywave,May 14 2007, 08:36 PM
do you have the car on a lift or 4 jack stands? there were a few threads from awhile ago with people saying the chassis flex was too much, so you need the car completely off the ground.
Interesting - I actually only had the front up on jacks - should I put the car up on 4 jacks instead of just two?
Old 05-14-2007, 08:41 PM

Originally Posted by superjimbo,May 14 2007, 11:37 PM
Interesting - I actually only had the front up on jacks - should I put the car up on 4 jacks instead of just two?
going from previous posts, i'd say try that first, before you decide to drill anything. i had a shop put mine on. they said they had no problems at all...pretty sure they used a lift.

try searching for past threads, you might find some other suggestions.
Old 05-14-2007, 08:45 PM

Originally Posted by rustywave,May 14 2007, 08:41 PM
going from previous posts, i'd say try that first, before you decide to drill anything. i had a shop put mine on. they said they had no problems at all...pretty sure they used a lift.

try searching for past threads, you might find some other suggestions.
Thanks Rusty. I'll give that a try.

Anyone else have issues getting their's on? If so, what did you do to get it to fit?
Old 05-14-2007, 08:49 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by superjimbo,May 14 2007, 08:27 PM
Hi All,

I just received a Whiteline X-brace from Muz, but I'm having some trouble getting it to fit. 3 of the 4 holes line up, but the last hole is off by about 1.4mm. What can I do to get it to fit? Even with the proper tools, I don't see how I can force the brace in to place so the last bolt will go in. Should I use a dremel and widen the hole? I spent three very exhausting hours under my car this evening

Any tips would be greatly appreciated - thanks all!
get the car off the ground completely, as you can tell that's the chassis flex.

sometime you can get the piece on by jacking the front, i got mine on that way, but it's a tight fit.

dont widen the hole on the brace, if you do, you are defeating the purpose of it, no matter how tight you torque the bolt, with a widened piece it would just shift around when the chassis flexs.
Old 05-14-2007, 08:55 PM
Former Moderator

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

4 jack stands. Fit perfectly.
Old 05-14-2007, 10:32 PM

Originally Posted by iam7head,May 14 2007, 08:49 PM
dont widen the hole on the brace, if you do, you are defeating the purpose of it, no matter how tight you torque the bolt, with a widened piece it would just shift around when the chassis flexs.
Good point - I'm going to try the four jack stands tomorrow morning. I really hope this does the trick.
Old 05-14-2007, 11:59 PM

try the 4 jack stands and then dont tighten down the brace until you get all the bolts lined up and started a little ways, sometimes that helps.

-Ian
Old 05-15-2007, 01:49 AM

I went through the same crap with mine. Spent 5 hours on my back on the garage, just to realize that it never would fit because the hardware didn't come with it. I bought some bolts and washers, machined them to fit perfectly, but cross threaded the shit out of them, as it was off at least as much as yours.
Contacted the seller, eventually got the bolts, and had a Honda mechanic friend install it in 10 minutes. He had to chase the threads on 3 and use a nut on the fourth attachment point.
Anyway, the difference is noticable. Because of a more accurate turn-in, I have eliminated my habit of adding too much steering input and suddenly loading the suspension, breaking loose the rear when applying throttle. More confidence inspiring in medium to high speed turns.

Quick Reply: Muz Whiteline X-Brace