S2000 Talk Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it.

Mugen hardtop

Old 09-21-2005, 10:37 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

You'll pay full price if you buy it new.

And how do you have black & red interior on a 2002? Just wondering, not questioning!!
Old 09-22-2005, 06:04 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by beanolo,Sep 21 2005, 10:16 PM
typical troll response

if money isn't a factor im not sure why you're posting to ask where you can find it cheaper than retail, you already know king sells it.

oh well. good luck with that.
we're talking about price diff between OEM v. Mugen. Mugen costs more period. so money is not a factor in the OEM v. Mugen decision. i don't want the OEM. simple as that.
Old 09-22-2005, 06:23 AM

does the mugen or seibon need the oem hardtop kit for install?
Old 09-22-2005, 06:42 AM

medicalstudent, the top looks great, but i must paint if i get the cf. too much of a contrast for me.
I thought about painting the Mugen CF hood and hardtop myself for your same reasons. But once I put the cf ht on my spa yellow car, the elegant weave/construction along with its aerodynamic looks put to rest about my doubts on the hardtop and saved the Mugen parts from the paint shop for now.

if money isn't a factor im not sure why you're posting to ask where you can find it cheaper than retail, you already know king sells it.
From what I was told, and correct me anybody if I'm wrong, Mugen Japan will not produce another run of the carbon fiber hardtop until they secure 100 placed orders. Ordering from anyone now (KMS, Bulletproof, etc) will result in a 1-2 year wait? OTOH, the fiberglass tops are available.
Old 09-22-2005, 08:17 AM

I'm curious if there are any major differences between the CF and fiberlgass versions. Aside from the obvious, materials and weight(10lbs according to King). Looks like fiberglass will need to get painted.

Does anyone have a fiberglass mugen top? Any comments on fit/finish, feel?

I really dig the look, but $6000 for a CF hardtop?!
Old 09-22-2005, 08:28 AM

Mugen HT is so hot...its abt 100000% better than that junk stock oem HT. mugen HT add the smooth and sportyness to our car..

jay
Old 09-22-2005, 08:42 AM

Listen Mugen Hardtop is hot, but OEM is just as nice for price and BTW who the hell wants to pay $6000 for something that is a variant of the OEM Hardtop but also almost two times the price... Someone go buy a turbo or a supercharger instead of wasting it on something that you always have to pay for name.... Not saying Mugen is bad just saying they can rape the consumers anyway way they want they are unique I know... Personally get the OEM Hardtop and buy $3000 worth of mods ENJOY! Not hating but man $6000 you guys are true ballers...
Old 09-22-2005, 03:24 PM

but OEM is just as nice for price and BTW who the hell wants to pay $6000 for something that is a variant of the OEM Hardtop but also almost two times the price...
I wouldn't want to pay $6k either, that's why I got mine used which helps tremendously. I also have the OEM hardtop. Love its looks and utility. Would keep both, but I can't justify doing that (unless Rita decides to make minced meat out of either HT).
Old 09-23-2005, 06:27 AM

Why can't some of you guys get over this can't justify $6K for a hardtop thing? Especially in my thread when I clearly stated money is a non-factor. I don't have to justify $6K or OEM + $1K pricing for a Mugen CF or fiberglass top.

OEM is good for the masses. It comes painted. It's made by Honda. Anyone can go out and get one very easily.

I want the Mugen top for the looks, brand name, and because I can do it and I want it.

Medicalstudent, I totally feel ya on the CF. I'm sure if I saw it in person, I'd have a hard time undoing any of the awesome work Mugen has done to clearcoat that baby.
Old 09-23-2005, 06:35 AM

Originally Posted by medicalstudent,Sep 22 2005, 03:24 PM
I wouldn't want to pay $6k either, that's why I got mine used which helps tremendously. I also have the OEM hardtop. Love its looks and utility. Would keep both, but I can't justify doing that (unless Rita decides to make minced meat out of either HT).
if you ever decide to sell the CF, let me know.

Quick Reply: Mugen hardtop