S2000 Talk Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it.

Motor Mounts?

Old 07-31-2007, 10:23 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up Motor Mounts?

Hi Everyone, I was hoping I could get some opinions from everyone on an idea I am working with Ingalls Engineering on. I was looking online for some sort of aftermarket motor mounts and all that I was really able to find where the ones produced by Spoon that cost close to $750. Ingalls is considering making motor mounts for the s2000 that would be a lot more affordable. I was wondering what kind of demand there was for motor mounts from s2k owners. They have 2 different ideas.

One would be the cheaper way and to just cut the mounts from sheet metal those would run about 200 dollars and the other option would be a machined/cast mount that would run about 300-400 dollars. They are wanting to know what everyone would like more and if they would produce them would there be a demand. Please let me know your thoughts! Thanks!
Old 07-31-2007, 10:40 AM

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

someone correct me if im wrong but i was told after market (stiffer) engine mounts are not good at all and shouldnt be installed considering they put much more stress on the drivetrain (transmission, differential), which will reduce life of them.

my buddy had his 2005 rsx type-s with stiffer engine mounts for about a year and a couple months and his tranny just went out a couple weeks ago. so thats something to think about. it might me different to RWD cars but i would use the search function and see if there is any info lying around.
Old 07-31-2007, 11:38 AM

I'm nervous about this sort of thing as well. To tell you the truth, I'm even nervous about upgrading to a firmer clutch that is going to result in a greater shock to the drivetrain when driven hard.

I don't think I'd be interested in the mounts unless I had an aftermarket clutch and upgraded diff at least.
Old 07-31-2007, 11:47 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Just use a etd if you think your motor is too floppy. Personally, I see no point what so ever to unifying the engine to the chassis in the S2000. In my crx on the other hand, I'd like to bolt that sucker nearly straight down since the tranny and axles are all hooked up to the motor mounts. In the S2000, things are much more controlled because the engine and axles are not swinging in the same axis.

I would think solid mounts would be a mod for people just looking to mod. That doesn't mean they won't sell though!

He, I've got some badass faux padle shifters for sale!

(in my humble opinion)
Old 07-31-2007, 12:16 PM

I just had an ETD put in but I have always been told when you buy an ETD to follow it up with motor mounts...This just may be a civic thing but I was very curious about doing it with a s2k and how many people have done it or have wanted to do it
Old 07-31-2007, 12:25 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by starredcivic,Jul 31 2007, 02:16 PM
I just had an ETD put in but I have always been told when you buy an ETD to follow it up with motor mounts...This just may be a civic thing but I was very curious about doing it with a s2k and how many people have done it or have wanted to do it
I don't think there will be much demand for engine mounts for the S2000 except for show goer types who want some additional anodized Al under the hood.