S2000 Talk Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it.

most irritating thing on S2000

Old 01-01-2004, 09:13 AM

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

One I haven't seen mentioned here is the airbox design which draws air over the radiator instead of being ducted properly to the front of the car. Given other modern cars have their air intakes isolated from potential heat soak, what was Honda thinking? We have a huge aftermarket as a result with everything from snorkels to CAIs.

--Bob A
Old 01-01-2004, 12:09 PM

Received 19 Likes on 15 Posts

Sports cars / performance cars are supposed to have oil pressure and volt gauges, not warning lights

Regardless, it's still a honda... cheap paint, cheap steel, lacking interior full of gidgets and gazmos... that's how honda cuts costs down. I don't think any honda had oil pressure and volt gauges...correct me if I'm wrong.

Well, if you get an aftermarket alarm system you can program it to unlock all doors once the ingition key is pulled out...
Old 01-01-2004, 01:15 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i dont have a freakin clock in my s2000..........wtf =(
Old 01-02-2004, 07:28 AM

1. gas door release button
2. u cant go back on a cd from the switch near the wheel
3. damn cup holder gets in the way of shifting
4. no power door locks
5. no clock
Old 01-02-2004, 07:32 AM

The most irritating thing on S2000 is the people in the driver's seat that can find things to complain about.

I'm too busy appreciating how great my car is to be "irritated" by anything.

I wouldn't put the words irritated and S2000 in the same sentence.

Oops, I did! I'll never do it again though.
Old 01-02-2004, 12:06 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I don't like how you can't adjust the speed of the intermittent wiper setting. It should be variable. I find it goes too quick most of the time so I usually do it manually.
Old 01-02-2004, 03:50 PM

WHAT ABOUT THE NOISE????

sorry for shouting my ears are ringing

The engine sounds great but the road and cabin noise are very loud (same in my wifes Civic type R)

Maybe it's a Honda thing
Old 01-02-2004, 04:44 PM
ams

Easy. The corner of the f*cking radio door stabs me right under the knee cap every time I get in the car and have forgotten to close the radio door. I hate that thing! If it only had rounder corders or the corner didn't stick out so far, it'd be fine. At least it's not as fragile as the del sol's radio door, but that's another issue.

Hmm, what else? Having to hold the + button down to turn up the dash lights when having the headlights on during the day (due to rain, shade, etc) is irritating, but I don't know of another good solution. Having to manually adjust the console lights for night/day would be more irritating because you'd do it more often.

I also agree with the passenger door lock thing, it should just unlock with the driver's door.

I don't agree with the fuel door problem. It's placed where it is to prevent people from opening your gas door when the top is off and the car is locked (I would presume). Also, as mentioned before, it is fun to ask people to try and find it

An almost gripe is when you use the windshield sprayers are used with the top down and it sprays the passengers. I actually like it, because I find it amusing to spray my passengers

Premature tire wear! Yes, that's the big one. How could I forget. Although it's kind of cool having my rears so low that I can oversteer on command; I feel like a drifter. Not safe though.

Honorable mention: not having anything else to buy at Rick's because I've already bought it all
Old 01-02-2004, 05:00 PM

Paint durability....I wouldn't be surprised if a mosquito chipped the paint.
Old 01-02-2004, 05:16 PM

The biggest complaint I've got about the S2000 is that there isn't one parked in my driveway!

Working on that part though!

Drive Safe,
Steve R.

PS: This put anything in perspective for anyone?

Quick Reply: most irritating thing on S2000