S2000 Talk Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it.

MONTE CARLO BLUE: Argument I am having with a friend...WHY WHY WHY?

Old 08-18-2003, 11:09 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm not sure how voicing consternation over not having Monte Carlo Blue in N. America turned into a Suzuka-bashing thread but let me add this: If you're really that into Monte Carlo Blue, quit your whining, save your money and have your S painted.

Oh, and S2KRob, you're right, my Suzuka Blue S2000 DOES attract women.
Old 08-18-2003, 12:12 PM

Bubbastook- I did exactly what you just said, saved my money and painted my S MC Blue. I love it. If I had to pick a car, any car, my first two choices are a darker Blue and Silver. I love having my S different and before when my S was black I didn't get nearly as many compliments as I do now. American Honda would be smart to bring MC Blue over, and stupid to bring Imola Orange over. I love Imola Orange, but I don't think it'd sell.
Old 08-18-2003, 01:36 PM

I think yellow, black, red, and silver are all ugly. Does anyone care?

I didn't think so.

Focus on the why MCB didn't come here, not how much you hate the other colors. If you want to hate on a color feel free to start a thread about that.

As for MCB, who knows

-Ed
Old 08-18-2003, 03:26 PM

Originally posted by S2kRob

Suzuka is truly an awful colour that just can't hold a candle to MC Blue.
Still waiting for Ferrari to do the Modena in Monte Carlo blue since it seems they have that awful Suzuka-hue down pretty good.
Old 08-18-2003, 10:03 PM

Honda has always been very conservative in their colors ! Certain models were made in very few colors. For example the 93 to 96 Prelude VTEC only came in Red,Black, and a Green/Blue . The Civic HX fuel economy model of 96 -00 only were made in Red,Black, and Silver . Not sure the colors of the new HX models !
I saw article in the paper a while back saying that in the late 90s the popular HOT color was that Hunter Green ( Thank goodness that fad died out!!) Now as we all know Silver is the HOT color now and the future prediction that ORANGE and BLUE or SILVER/BLUE will be the new HOT colors in the future
To me the S is a special car deserving of more than just the BLAND same old lame colors .
So in that theme HONDA if you are listening WE THE CUSTOMER want Imola Orange , Monte Carlo Blue, and how about maybe even the Firepepper Red (From the Acura TL) and to me the Electric Blue from the MINI would look great and hey why not copy that NISSAN color from the Z and G35 . Caribbean Blue would look great on the S !!!
Old 08-19-2003, 04:30 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

OK, I waited a day before I threw my curve ball...

So here is one to contemplate. If Honda analyzed North America and decided that Monte Carlo Blue was not an appropriate color here, why then does the NSX come in that color?

I believe what Honda is "saying" is that we S2000 owners are too cheap to appreciate Monte Carlo Blue. Seriously, why would MCB be okay for Acura's NSX, and not appropriate for Honda's S2000?

Old 08-19-2003, 04:48 AM

Not trying to start a flame war here, but honestly I would have put the suzuka blue into the same "gimic" color category.
....except classics like the Corvette and Austin Healeys that have similar original colors. Its not like its the pastel "ricer" blue, but I could just be biased
Old 08-19-2003, 04:53 AM

Is Long Beach Blue Pearl the same paint code as Monte Carlo Blue? I thought the NSX blue was a bit brighter than the S2000 Monte Carlo Blue.

According to this nsxprime page Long Beach Blue Pearl is a new color that replaces the somewhat darker Monte Carlo Blue in the NSX color lineup.

Anyway, American Honda offers Monte Carlo Blue on the MY2003 Insight along with New Formula Red and Silverstone Metallic.

Given that AHM does import MCB on a Honda badged '03 product, I think it is beyond logic figuring out why they don't offer it on the S2000.

I like the Ralleye Red on the '03 Civic as much as any Honda red. But you have to buy a Civic to get it. I just might.
Old 08-19-2003, 05:00 AM

Originally posted by Barry WY Silver/Black '01
Given that AHM does import MCB on a Honda badged '03 product, I think it is beyond logic figuring out why they don't offer it on the S2000.
:standupandclaphands:
I completely agree.
We can blame it on marketing, but the bottom line is the actual reason has got to be extraordinarily lame.
Old 08-20-2003, 12:30 AM

Received 53 Likes on 50 Posts

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Triple-H
[B]
:standupandclaphands:
I completely agree.

Quick Reply: MONTE CARLO BLUE: Argument I am having with a friend...WHY WHY WHY?