S2000 Talk Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it.

Mistaken identity again....

Old 08-29-2001, 03:43 PM

Received 5,759 Likes on 3,394 Posts

Maybe it's the times we live in, but I ,for one, am sick of suits and lawyers for everything that comes up. No doubt it was very frightening, especially for your wife. However, if someone does sick a gun in my face I would rather it be a cop then a criminal. Sounds like an honest mistake by a rookie cop. Be glad it wasn't worse. I would say it's entirely your wife call, since she's emotionally impacted the most. Suits and lawyers can be very stressing as well. Sometimes, a cooling off period is best. Or, talk to their supervisor on her behalf. Wishing you both the best.
Old 08-29-2001, 03:49 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

So let's say he was a car thief. Why the hell did the cops have to point guns at him and his wife? Did he look particularly threatening? Doesn't anyone else think this is excessive?

If this is normal in the USA, I'm glad I live in Australia (no offence).
Old 08-29-2001, 03:54 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

[QUOTE]Originally posted by KenS2K
[B]
Old 08-29-2001, 04:30 PM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by naishou
[B]So let's say he was a car thief.
Old 08-29-2001, 04:32 PM
Tox

Originally posted by KenS2K
...If I'm being protected and served I want a hero. Someone willing to make any self sacrafice neccessary to protect and serve the public. To stand up for those who can't defend themselves and not to blindly follow orders...
I think I know what you mean. I know because I just watched "Batman Forever" with my daughter last weekend, and I noticed that the Bat-guy was just that sort. And for fringe benefits he got to wear a great suit, drive a car even cooler than the S2000, and have Nicole Kidman hanging all over him...

So to get what you want, you just need to move to Gotham City, right?
Old 08-29-2001, 04:51 PM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by AmigaOS
[B]Humanatek
Old 08-29-2001, 05:14 PM

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

[QUOTE]Wow Ken, not looking for much are you?!?!?!
Old 08-29-2001, 05:22 PM

I drive that Street a lot and the little hill. It's easy to go to fast especially when you want to get home. Traffic in San Ramon/Dublin can be bummer and add to it the local law enforcement attitude and you have real trouble if you get stopped.
Old 08-29-2001, 05:25 PM

This makes me sick. Humanatek, I'm really sorry this happened.

(Here comes a rant
Just the other night my 3 friends and I came back from Gameworks to my apartment in Irvine and we were all watching a DVD when boom boom boom goes the knocks on the door. I'm like, who the heck? I open it up, and voila there's 5 or 6 cops standing there. They proceed to interrogate me and all my friends with a slightly accusatory tone, the crime being that someone was spotted climbing into the weight room in the apartment complex etc. They saw my friend's mustang which had a warm hood (cause we just came back 30 minutes before). And somehow or another they knew to come to MY door (they didn't go door-to-door, one of the female cops mentioned they saw my address on a piece of paper in the back of my friend's Mustang! I don't even wanna guess how they saw that but all of this was truly disturbing.

Anyway just ranting, I'm sick of this cop stuff.
Old 08-29-2001, 06:43 PM

I know it's frustrating to feel like you have been wronged by the people who are supposed to uphold the law. I have been there.
I don't even think that stopping a stolen car is a gun pullable offense.....is it. If you started a chase i could see, but if you pulled over and did what he said......at the very least, the ticket should be voided. you were right to fear the worst.

Quick Reply: Mistaken identity again....