S2000 Talk Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it.

Mistaken identity again....

Old 08-29-2001, 11:23 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

THAT is so messed up! I would think that the only recourse would be to take a legal step and consult a lawyer. Despite my dislike for that approach, having been on that end of a robber's gun before, I can empathize with your wife's flash backs. I hope she is ok. Document any work she missed or therapy sessions she may need so that the expenses will be taken into account. Good luck.
Old 08-29-2001, 12:24 PM

oh man!

I would DEFINATELY call the lawyers!!! Hopefully you and your wife are going to be ok!!! I personally would be severely PISSED!!!
Old 08-29-2001, 01:05 PM

I was thinking about this at school today. I think you can get some kind of settlement for your wife whether it be distress, or something like that for having the flash backs. Anxiety or something can't think of the word I am looking for right now.

Just my .02
Old 08-29-2001, 01:09 PM

I have to agree about the lawyer thing also. However, remember that the cops were just "trying" to do their job. I have been in a similar situation myself. A friend and I were driving a car that matched the description of one that had been in a bank robbery...I'll leave the rest to your imagination. Anyway, I know that it is no consolation to what happened to you and that this is a very touchy subject...but part of the price we pay for living in a free society is to cooperate with authorities even when we did nothing wrong. It would have been nice to get a letter apologizing or something, though...
Old 08-29-2001, 01:38 PM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by johnyboy32
[B]I have to agree about the lawyer thing also.
Old 08-29-2001, 01:39 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

talk to a lawyer and keep us posted man. never know what you can or cannot do unless you inquire first.
Old 08-29-2001, 01:44 PM

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

but part of the price we pay for living in a free society is to cooperate with authorities even when we did nothing wrong.
But then are you truely free? The problem is that they consider themselves to be "authorities". What they are suppose to be are public servants. To Protect And To Serve... right?

When I hear a cop say something along the line of, "If I get to go home tonight, I've done my job" it makes me want to puke.

If I'm being protected and served I want a hero. Someone willing to make any self sacrafice neccessary to protect and serve the public. To stand up for those who can't defend themselves and not to blindly follow orders. If they are not willing to do that... find a new job... your not needed. I'll protect myself... thankyouverymuch.
Old 08-29-2001, 02:06 PM

KenS2K,

As I said, That is a touchy subject, so I'm not arguing that point. I will say that no one has come up with a better way, yet.

This is the type of story that makes everyone who reads it cringe. All I am saying is to make sure your "anger" is directed appropriately. Not at The "system" or at being suspected for something you are innocent of...but at cops who seem to have used poor judgement.

Hope everything works out...
Old 08-29-2001, 02:34 PM

Humanatek

Was that on 8th St?
I drive past it everyday on my home from work.
Old 08-29-2001, 03:05 PM

i think you should involve the radio and tv and newspapers, on the face of it you were violated by having to face dangerous incompetence and the government must pay heavily in such a case, i reckon it's worth$20 - 50,000 for distress

Quick Reply: Mistaken identity again....