S2000 Talk Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it.

Minor *UPDATE-pix* Hit and run....IDIOTS!

Old 04-16-2007, 04:42 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Minor *UPDATE-pix* Hit and run....IDIOTS!

I live in Chicago and work in the Corporate Building off of peterson/kimball. I usually park across the street in the Executive Building parkin lot because there are alot less cars over on that side and mostly the nice cars are the ones there to prevent dings. As my usual thing, I park on the edge of the lot so only one side is vulnerable with no car parked next to me as usual since not too many ppl go on that side.

As I was leaving work, around 6pm central, I go through my routine of starting the car and having a cigarette while I warm the car up. I dont smoke in the car when top is up. So, I'm smoking outside and notice paint on my rear driver side tire. And, as I look just to the right of it notice two 2" paint scrapes(2" in length and width) and a small 1"(in width and length) line ding on the rear left bumper . I could not believe it and at this point I was steaming , looking around just to see if I can find a car with my paint on it but to no avail.

Unfortunately, the building manager was done for the day and I could not ask if they had any cameras in their lot. I'm praying they do so I can catch this SOB and slap his ass with a police report and payment for damage. As far as I can tell, it was a car that was backing out of their spot and just backed up a little too far. But, what I cant believe is the lot is big enough to back out of spots without hitting cars on the other side. Must've been an IDIOT....

Well, its out of my system now. Sorry if I have bored you with that, but I just needed to vent to my fellow S2 owners. Hopefully, tomorrow morning I can get a video(if they have one) of the SOB backing into my car.. The worst part, this is the only day out of M-F I drive the S to work!! Freaking Idiots!!
Old 04-16-2007, 05:47 PM

Sorry to hear man Best of luck finding the other driver and getting them to pay for the damages.
Old 04-16-2007, 08:35 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

If you think about it though, it isn't so bad considering what happened over at Virgina Tech....
Old 04-16-2007, 09:54 PM

I dont think there is anything as bad over at Virginia Tech right now...
Old 04-17-2007, 05:35 AM

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

yeah it sucks bro,tell me about it.Almost the sam e happened to only that i was on the last floor of the parking,best spot,only one car spot,no one can park besides me couse it was concrete side walk higher that the floor,yellow polls all around me,almost never cars couse they are too lazy to go to tha last floor,down there is plenty of spaces,and i still got bumped into the rear bumper.I stayed good hour tryin to figure out how they did it and realized that the only d1ck that can do that was the sec. guard w/ the golf cart,bump was too low for a car.No proof though couse no cameras.Oh well,i moved on...my heart is w/ the fallen students now,what a tragedy!
Old 04-17-2007, 06:07 AM

My '95 Integra had some seriously bad luck with things like that.

Someone backed into my driver's door at work, wrinkling it badly.

A taxi, pulling out of a spot next to my car at a wierd angle, ran its bumper along the passenger side of my car, wrinkling that door just as badly.

Hit-and-runs are a pain in the ass, because most insurance companies generally charge you for the deductible since there isn't any other scapegoat around to send the bill to (and no matter how much money you've been sending them over the years, they're certainly not going to repair it all for free...)

Go ahead and get it taken care of as quickly as possible by a reputable shop that does luxury cars. You'll be out the deductible but you and your car will feel a little better. Don't let the marks hang around. If you get used to having the scrapes on your car, it'll be that much easier to get used to more scrapes on it.
Old 04-17-2007, 06:20 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yeah, it prolly was an idiot. People suck.
I have had several of my cars hit while parked and no note or anything left.
I had my Z hit one day after buying it.
My Evo was hit twice while parked.
People just don't have any regard for other people's property and they don't know how to drive/park either. Especially parallel park. As I walk down the street in downtown Richmond and watch some of these people attempt to parallel park I just laugh to myself. Well, sometimes out loud.
Old 04-17-2007, 06:51 AM

Keep an eye on the lot for the perp's car. You might be able to match up a corresponding scrape and then file a police report.
Old 04-17-2007, 06:54 AM

ah, that happened to me as well a few weeks ago. i live in chicago, but work in the NW burbs. co-workers...
Old 04-17-2007, 08:33 AM

Anyone know what the cost is to fix the scrapes mentioned above? Would I need to repaint the whole rear bumper or they(auto shops) have a method of just fixing that section? Basically, the paint is gone and down to the black primer. No scratches on the black primer luckily but just scraped the paint off totally and starting to chip on the edges of the paint. I just dont want the paint to start chipping from that section making it a bigger cost unless you have to paint the whole bumper regardless.

Any comments will be appreciated. Thanks everyone for this minor concern and I pray for all the families down at Virginia Tech. What a tragedy!

Quick Reply: Minor *UPDATE-pix* Hit and run....IDIOTS!