S2000 Talk Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it.

Member here owes me money - not answering pms

Old 09-23-2008, 10:27 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Member here owes me money - not answering pms

There is a member here that bought some wheels from me a few months ago. He paid me half up front, and we agreed that he'd pay me the other half in two increments. He was supposed to send me a payment about 2 weeks ago but it's nowhere to be found, and that's the last I heard from him. I've sent him 2 PMs since I believe, and an "email" through the s2ki email form.

He is somewhat local, but I don't think he has an account on my local forum and I don't know how to get in touch with him other than to keep sending PMs. Is there a moderator that could help me out in getting in touch with him?

He's been a very nice guy and it's not that I think he's avoiding me, but I'm starting to have suspicions because... well it's been nearly two weeks and I haven't received the payment he said he was going to send that day (two thursdays ago) and I haven't heard anything.

If anyone could point me in the right direction it'd be appreciated.

Justin
Old 09-23-2008, 10:30 AM

Received 215 Likes on 148 Posts

Who is he?
Old 09-23-2008, 10:35 AM

I don't know if I should just post up his name publicly - it could me a huge misunderstanding (although I haven't heard from him in 15 days). Would it be bad if I did?
Old 09-23-2008, 10:39 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

has the member been posting but not answering your pms?

go into your pms, click that persons name, and when their profile pops up search all of their posts. If they've been posting within the past 15 days you may have been had, if not, maybe he can't get to a computer or something...
Old 09-23-2008, 10:39 AM

I found a PM with his phone number in it so I called and left a voice message. I'll keep this anonymous until I know more Maybe I jumped the gun - who knows
Old 09-23-2008, 10:42 AM

Looks like the last comment he made was the 18th and I sent him my first "hey, haven't received that money order yet" PM on the 19th. Maybe he just hasn't logged on. Hopefully he'll get my voicemail soon
Old 09-23-2008, 10:43 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Could just be that he can't get online, maybe he was in a car accident, maybe a family member died. (don't ever do business with me, I seem to kill family members of people that are supposed to pay me or do something for me, I've lost count of how many grand mothers have died.)

You don't have a phone number?
You don't have the guys real name?
You don't have his address?
You don't have his direct email address?

Not to sound like a dick but if you have been had, you kinda walked into it if you didn't get that info first.
Old 09-23-2008, 10:45 AM

I found a PM with his phone number and email. And I just remembered what his vanity plate was on his S2k so I should be ok

It's probably just a misunderstanding but I've just been kept in the dark for 2 weeks so I was starting to worry.
Old 09-23-2008, 10:55 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

If that doesn't work. I'm sure a few of us can get together, take him out to the backwoods of Georgia and make him squeal.
Old 09-23-2008, 10:58 AM

He called! It was a family emergency and he's been out of town - he felt bad for not getting in touch with me and I feel bad for jumping the gun. Everything should be ok, disregard this thread

Quick Reply: Member here owes me money - not answering pms