S2000 Talk Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it.

Mandatory "Just got my S2K" post and 2 "problems" already plus HID road rage

Old 06-15-2001, 12:08 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I too feel this notchiness, for lack of a better term, on my shifts into third. It's not really a grind so much as a little extra nudge that has to be done to get the car into third gear. What makes it noticeable is that it just feels different and a little more difficult, then shifting into ANY of the other gears. I am hoping that it 'wears' in as the miles and shifts pile up.

I also have the 'cut' carpet for the driver's side floor mat. I thought I saw in the FAQ's that this should be taken care of by the dealer. Next time I go in, I'm gonna ask 'em about it, although I really don't expect any satisfaction, given my dealer experience so far.

2001 silverstone, just passing 2000 miles, delivered 5/14/01
Old 06-15-2001, 01:35 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Silversurfer: Heh, she took your S4 and is claiming credit for the purchase as well huh? I think that demands a present for your baby, like a supercharger or a new set or rims or something As for AW, I think I like that format a bit better then this one as you see more threads & responses without having to drill down the menus. It takes a bit of getting used to, but it's quite good.

dlq4: Moving the seat closer is something I was thinking about, but my knee is close enough to the steering wheel as is that I'm afraid I'll have a huge bruise if I ever get caught in traffic

mselland: Do you have a URL to that FAQ? I'd be curious what it says. Currently it looks hideous; a piece of carpet just cut like that. Maybe I need to get longer floor mats...
Old 06-15-2001, 02:05 PM

Welcome to S2K ownership and the board. Awesome car, awesome group of folks. I love your choice in vehicles. The S4 is an amazing sports sedan and the stook, imo, is the best bang for the buck pure sports car on the market.

I have a buddy with an A4 2.8 quattro with HID's and the pattern of his lights and my stooks are very different. I think, though, that it is the relatively stiff suspension of the little honda that makes people think they are being flashed. i was in front of a new 996 turbo the other night and those lights appeared to be bouncing all over the place, so i can see how people might misinterpret our head lights.

i have never had a grind in any gear. my tranny is a little notchy and does seem to "stick" for lack of a better term until it is warmed up. After i row through the gears and put a few miles on the car, no problems. I think it has the best manual tranny available today. wonderfully short throws and precise action.

i think some other members have touched on the cut carpet matter. it's for the grommet and the drivers side mat.

do yourself a favor and check out some of the vendors on this board. Muz, for example, offers a wonderful plethora of toys for these guys including one piece floor mats that should cover both the cut carpte as well as the entire hump from the chassis.

again, great cars and welcome aboard.
Old 06-15-2001, 03:27 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally posted by S4 Mike
Silversurfer: Heh, she took your S4 and is claiming credit for the purchase as well huh? I think that demands a present for your baby, like a supercharger or a new set or rims or something
Already have Supercharger and 18" Wheels
Old 06-15-2001, 04:44 PM

I had the HID issues as well, until I checked to make sure the spring spacers. THEY were still in the front, but not the back. Once I removed them the front set down and the angle of the lights was lower. I have not had anywhere near the number of people angry at me.

You should confirm that the spring spacers are removed..

Matthew
Old 06-16-2001, 08:18 AM

Hey mike, i have the same problem with 3rd gear. I doesn't happen if i shift above 4500 rpm's. Maybe this will help you.
Old 06-16-2001, 08:56 AM

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Why not leave it on a month and then invoice them for "advertising"? Really gets their attention....trust me I know!
Old 06-16-2001, 12:17 PM

S4mike - see you on the new england forum!

Or when we get together, you can compare notes.
Old 06-16-2001, 02:07 PM

Utah: Hmm...that's an idea. I wonder how much $$$ I should ask for

s2ktaxi: There's a new england forum? I couldn't find it anywhere. Link please.
Old 06-16-2001, 02:23 PM

https://www.s2ki.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?forumid=9

is the New England Forum on this site. Look in my signature for other S2000 New England related links.

Quick Reply: Mandatory "Just got my S2K" post and 2 "problems" already plus HID road rage