S2000 Talk Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it.

Mandatory "Just got my S2K" post and 2 "problems" already plus HID road rage

Old 06-14-2001, 08:01 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Boy this car is fun. Loving every minute of it. I can't remember when I had a car with only 25 miles on it But two problems have already reared their head.

1) 3rd gear grinds. I know there have been service bulletins about 1st and or 2nd gear grindings, but 3rd??? Does the transmission have to wear in or is this something I should see the dealer about right away?

2) HIDs - I now understand the road rage against Stook drivers. My S4 also has HID lights, but it sits higher then the S2K and rides smoother, so the lights tend to stay on the road and away from rear view mirrors. The S2K is the total opposite. It sits low and rides harsh with the light bouncing all over the place. I was driving behind my gf today and she pulled over to ask me what was wrong as I constantly kept on flashing my lights. Is there a fix for this or is it just the nature of the beast?

What a car though - I know understand why some of you were happy to pay over MSRP. I was lucky enough to get the dealer to take $1140 off without any forced options. I guess the tide is turning for the better.
Old 06-14-2001, 08:04 PM
Administrator

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

What the!

Is that a dealer sticker above the rear emblem?!?!?
Old 06-14-2001, 08:05 PM

You can aim your headlights more towards the ground and that might reduce the amount of light reflected in the rearview mirrors.
Old 06-14-2001, 08:10 PM

Yes, that's a dealer sticker Bastards put it on after I signed all the papers. I'm gonna ask them to remove it or do it myself. It better be the glue on type or they're buying me a new trunk.
Old 06-14-2001, 10:10 PM

3rd gear grind is new to me.
Old 06-14-2001, 10:21 PM

Originally posted by S4 Mike
Yes, that's a dealer sticker Bastards put it on after I signed all the papers. I'm gonna ask them to remove it or do it myself. It better be the glue on type or they're buying me a new trunk.
Bastards! get them to remove that immediately. the longer the glue settles, the more likely it will stay on or do damage.

Aside from that...congrats on getting an amazing car and welcome!
Old 06-14-2001, 10:38 PM

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

Congrats on the new car. You have what many here consider the ultimate pair of cars. The S4 and the S2000.

On the HID's: yes there are several debates going on as to whether that's an issue or a SEP (someone elses problem). My thinking id that this car draws enough attention as it is and, already having been a victim of vandalism, the last thing I want to do is upset my fellow drivers. Oh, that and I respect others.

On the dealer sticker: YOU HAVE GOT TO BE FREAKING KIDDING!. That thing is a monster. My dealer gave me a rego plate frame/cover with their name on it. That's as far as I'll go unless they want to sponsor me. The hide of them!
Old 06-14-2001, 10:55 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Good choice in cars , do you think the HID's on the S2K are brighter, sharper and project further then the HID's on the S4? On mine they seem that way but my car is lowered so I have no reference to what stock is like anymore.

By the way, my lights do not shine in the inside rear view of the car in front of me unless we are going up hill or I hit a bump. It usually cuts off right at the top of the trunk. The oncoming traffic has not flashed me much, that is usually a good indication my lights are ok. Since my car is lowered my lights don't go as high.

How come you were driving BEHIND the S4 and not in fornt?
Old 06-15-2001, 03:10 AM

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

That looks like a Commonwealth Motors sticker. They stuck one on my car after I specifically asked them not to. It is just glued on. I took a hairdryer and warmed it up a little and it came right off.

Dealers should pay us owners if they want us to drive around with their advertising.
Old 06-15-2001, 03:21 AM
Former Sponsor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

That's no doubt a glue-on. You can remove it easily by spraying some Zenit on it, then sawing dental floss behind it until it comes loose.

Quick Reply: Mandatory "Just got my S2K" post and 2 "problems" already plus HID road rage