S2000 Talk Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it.

MAJOR S2000 Problems!

Old 06-27-2001, 09:47 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I too am sorry to hear of your problems with the S2000. However there is absolutely no basis for a class action law suit. First, the problems you describe, though not unique to your car, do not occur in all or even most cars. My S2000 is an '00 model built in Oct '99 and I have had zero problems of any kind, including the grind. If memory serves, there was an informal survey done on this board about 6 months ago and those reporting the grind problem was less than 50 percent. Thus, it seems that the problems you are experiencing are not inherent in the design or manufacture of the car and are limited to a relatively small number of owners. Therefore, you would not satisfy the first criterion of a class action, that the group of potential plaintiffs be of sufficient size to warrant certification of the class for judicial efficiency. Second, you site a wide variety of problems. The second criterion for a class action is that there be commanality of issues and claims among the plaintiffs with sufficiently similar factual backgrounds. Perhaps the grind problem would satisify this criterion, but I doubt that all the issues you raise could be certified as there are too few people experiencing all of them (though I acknowledge that there have been some others). As others have mentioned above, your best option is to pursue recourse through your state lemon laws. Again, I am sorry that your experience with the S2000 has not been good. There are many of us who have enjoyed trouble free ownership so perhaps another option is for you to ask for a replacement car. Good luck!
Old 06-27-2001, 09:47 AM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by jazzboss
[B]But c'mon....do you really believe the marketing spin or are you going to sue them for advertising a car...

I do not believe that anybody here bought the car because they happened to be at a Honda dealer and they were persuaded that this is the best car ever! We bought it because of the special features and that's what you pay for.
Old 06-27-2001, 09:49 AM
STL

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally posted by johev
and yes I know that the s2000 was released as a 50th anniv. model.. Thanks for the insult though
Sorry, but it seems there is a fair amount of people that never knew this. I thought you might be one of them when you suggested that maybe Acura didn't want the S2000.
Old 06-27-2001, 09:56 AM
STL

[QUOTE]Originally posted by DallasEngineer
[B]In any event, let's put this in perspective.
Old 06-27-2001, 09:59 AM
STL

[QUOTE]Originally posted by fisch
[B]i'm not going to have TSB055 done again.
Old 06-27-2001, 10:01 AM

No problem....no apology necessary....I shouldn't have gotten so worked up about it!

That was one of the things that actually sold me on the car, that and the statement that "were only making this one or 2 years, and we're only making about 2000 a year" boy was that a lie!!

I got #1933 or something like that for 2000 and thought I was pretty lucky to get one of them...
Old 06-27-2001, 10:01 AM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by STL
[B]I know many of the early HDTV (and even DVD) adopters/buyers had problems that were never really fixed correctly.
Old 06-27-2001, 10:04 AM

True very true, but what do we do? About all I see that we can do is find the best dealer for service and hope they can fix what is wrong.

I know honda is not going to replace cars with 2001's that have more of the bugs worked out...
Old 06-27-2001, 10:11 AM
STL

[QUOTE]Originally posted by DallasEngineer
[B]But you are COMPLETELY MISSING the major, fundamental, point:
Old 06-27-2001, 10:16 AM
STL

[QUOTE]Originally posted by johev
[B]That was one of the things that actually sold me on the car, that and the statement that "were only making this one or 2 years, and we're only making about 2000 a year"

Quick Reply: MAJOR S2000 Problems!