S2000 Talk Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it.

MAJOR S2000 Problems!

Old 06-30-2001, 12:32 PM
rpm

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

And I thought the 3rd generation RX-7 had problems!!!
Old 06-30-2001, 11:29 PM

Originally posted by Tanqueray
This thread has served one purpose: it is being posted on other car boards as evidence that the S2000 sucks.
who cares?? and what other boards?? all cars have problems. The more high performance you go the more problems you are gonna have. Check out the problems with the 3rd gen Rx7, corvette C4's, first gen of the C5's, porsche's...you name it. Some have better reliability then others, but all high HP performance cars are gonna have some issues.

But, really who cares what some dorks you will never meet on other message boards think of the S2000. I have had no problems with mine...and if i do....my extended warranty will take care of them...even at 50k miles. It was a new model...so i bought the extended warranty.....this is no civic folks...it is not gonna run for 300k miles with no problems.
Old 06-30-2001, 11:32 PM

Originally posted by rpm
And I thought the 3rd generation RX-7 had problems!!!
it does....some very serious ones...that are only now being figured out. All high performance cars are gonna have issues. If you thought this was a 240 hP car with reliabilty of a civic...i want some of what you are smoking.

Just so people know...the internet is minority. I went to my very good local honda dealer...they have seen no, as in 0, 2000 or 2001 S2000's with diff, clutch or transmission problems....just some info to think about.
Old 07-01-2001, 10:44 AM

Originally posted by Tanqueray
This thread has served one purpose: it is being posted on other car boards as evidence that the S2000 sucks.
Good! Maybe it will wake Honda up. If these problems didn't exist AND Honda didn't have such a PISS POOR attitude and customer service, then this thread would not exist.
Old 07-01-2001, 03:37 PM

I have had the 1-2 grind fixed twice. At first I had no problems after the second fix. Now, when hot, it is back. I also now have a grind from 2-3 at mid rpms..... I know woodworker has posted that we need to shift slower. The area Rep has told me he is aware of the problem but they are not sure how to fix. My net is
Honda knows they have a problem. Shifting slower is not the answer. Even at List, there we posts 5-6 months ago from someone who seemed to be "in the know" that they were making more profit from the S2K then any other US car. I just want some of that profit plowed back into this fix.
Old 07-01-2001, 04:06 PM

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally posted by SUis1
I have had the 1-2 grind fixed twice. At first I had no problems after the second fix. Now, when hot, it is back. I also now have a grind from 2-3 at mid rpms
I have been living with this on and off since I bought my car in 10/99. I had the fix in 9/00 but like you I still have the problem when it is very hot.

When I realized I would have problems again as the weather warmed I became curious as to why there are so few complaints elsewhere in the world. A little research shows why.. it does not stay hot in many places that S2000
Old 07-01-2001, 04:33 PM

I dont know if anyone with ACT clutches has posted here yet but from what I hear, putting one of these clutches in, totally fixed the problem! I havnt heard one complaint Im gonna tell my dealership to hold off on the TSB clutch and just warranty the install instead

Better clutch, better performance, and NO GRIND!
Old 07-01-2001, 04:40 PM

Hey Everybody,
I have read through all of your replies, and several of my friends and I are having some of the same problems, although not badly.

I am only experiencing a slight vibration coming from the clutch and I hear it more noticeably during engine braking and accelerating between 2-4K. Other than that I have had no other problems mentioned.

I have heard from some other S2K owners that the TSB does not prevent the problems from happening again.

I only have about 2600mi on my '01 S2K but I drive it pretty hard.

I'm curious to find out from some of you experiening these problems - what is your approx. mileage?

Thanks,

PS> And as a fellow S2K enthusiast, it saddens me to hear about all of these issues with no definite fixes.
Old 07-01-2001, 06:58 PM

I've got 9.7 miles. Had first Grind TSB done at 5.5 miles. Second done just after Ashville at 7.4 miles. I have not had the clutch done. I agree that heat is a MAJOR factor. Last big grind day was when I driven for 4 hours at 85+ degrees from Binghamton NY to Ottawa Canada (all highway). When I started driving around town the grind struck!!
Old 07-01-2001, 10:15 PM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by ZoomZoom
[B]
PS>

Quick Reply: MAJOR S2000 Problems!