S2000 Talk Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it.

MAJOR S2000 Problems!

Old 06-28-2001, 05:46 PM
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

[QUOTE]Originally posted by PDX S2000
[B]

The difference could be in driving styles... I find the clutch in the s2000 to be BARELY adequate for the motor...
Old 06-28-2001, 06:57 PM

Received 5,799 Likes on 3,418 Posts

While it defy's all logic, it would appear the solution is to drive the car like it was intended. . . this is no grocery getter or garage queen.
Old 06-29-2001, 05:57 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

tranny every 100k but diff. every 30k to be correct

This is standard not harsh conditions, I think harsh conditions is every 15k or 30k for transmission as well!
Old 06-29-2001, 08:06 AM
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

I'm sorry but I have a real problem believing that your cars are having all of these problems and the District Managers are telling you they won't do anything. Can you be a little more specific? Every time I've heard of someone going to a DM with a VALID complaint all I've heard about is them bending over backwards to do the right thing. Heck, one of our members from San Diego even got them to pay one of his car payments!
Old 06-29-2001, 10:33 AM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by hecash
[B]Hey Strike:

I'm really not inclined to care what you do or do not believe.
Old 06-29-2001, 12:54 PM

DallasEngineer and hecash:

Good luck, guys! Something needs to be done about this, and I wish you guys success in the event that the grind happens to my car.
Old 06-29-2001, 01:17 PM

Folks I know I am going to be BLASTED big time over this post, and I really do not mean any disrespect to anyone! This car has problems. All that needs to be settled is how many, how bad, and what is it going to take to get them fixed. (Correctly the first time) Throwing BS at someone for expressing a heart (and head) felt experience is only a symptom of denial. If, in your view you have a great and trouble free car (super) say it and let it go. I see no reason to belittle someone else just because their ownership experience is not the same as yours. All of us will profit from an accurate poll which will tell the tale. Those of us (not yet owners) and all those who now own the car need to find out what the occurrence rate of the problems are, and have some means to track them over the life of the car. There is bound to be a way to create a lock to keep out (I believe the term was wanabe's and poser's) from impacting the results. This issue is not going to fade away. The issue will, at some point show up in the used car market place and the value of the car will not be enhanced by this dark cloud. I say draw up the wagons, do the poll, get useful info. Make Honda do the right thing! All of us will benefit!
Old 06-29-2001, 11:33 PM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by jazzboss
[B]
A small note: Because of the triple synchroniser in the second gear, you will have to make sure that the clutch is depressed all the way.
Old 06-30-2001, 11:09 AM
Sev

Originally posted by Chipster
Folks I know I am going to be BLASTED big time over this post, and I really do not mean any disrespect to anyone! This car has problems. All that needs to be settled is how many, how bad, and what is it going to take to get them fixed. (Correctly the first time) Throwing BS at someone for expressing a heart (and head) felt experience is only a symptom of denial. If, in your view you have a great and trouble free car (super) say it and let it go. I see no reason to belittle someone else just because their ownership experience is not the same as yours. All of us will profit from an accurate poll which will tell the tale. Those of us (not yet owners) and all those who now own the car need to find out what the occurrence rate of the problems are, and have some means to track them over the life of the car. There is bound to be a way to create a lock to keep out (I believe the term was wanabe's and poser's) from impacting the results. This issue is not going to fade away. The issue will, at some point show up in the used car market place and the value of the car will not be enhanced by this dark cloud. I say draw up the wagons, do the poll, get useful info. Make Honda do the right thing! All of us will benefit!
Those who think their cars are fine know, wait till you have 40-50k miles. This car will be plagued with problems such as broken differntials, bad clutches and trannies. Mrkt value will crap out.
Old 06-30-2001, 12:16 PM

This thread has served one purpose: it is being posted on other car boards as evidence that the S2000 sucks.

Quick Reply: MAJOR S2000 Problems!