S2000 Talk Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it.

Lucid's rear speaker panel install

Old 10-14-2001, 09:17 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Lucid's rear speaker panel install

This was the easiest mod to my car yet!! Instructions were amazing...color pictures and step by step instructions take you perfectly though the install. 2 hours max from start to finish.....and what a difference in the sound quality!! Thanks for providing us with such a great addition to the speakers!!

Got the "mute" function, so my mute button works for all 4 speakers.....Excellent!!
Old 10-14-2001, 09:59 AM
Zot

Trying to find the thread or info on this. Can you give me a hand?

Thanks
Old 10-15-2001, 12:45 PM

search for Lucid or speaker install? I'm guessing????

Do you want him to make you some???
Old 10-15-2001, 02:50 PM

Thank you

By months end I'll have the E-commerce site up and running with photos, more payment options (secure transactions) and detailed guides for the public.

I'm also a sponsor of S2ki.

I got the info on the 2002 model's radio. Basically you're getting a power boost 30w per channel vs 20w but all wiring remains the same (a harness will still be needed for rear speakers). The door tweeters are standard and connected to the front channels. In the door panel there is a seperate disconnect for the tweeter. With the extra power, 2002 owners will be able to appreciate the rear speakers much more!

----

If you're curious, being the paranoid perfectionist that I am, I do test every harness I build. I created a port replicator which extends the stock wiring and also protects my stock wiring from wear. I build a batch of harnesses, then I plug in and test each harness - lights, balance, mute, dash controls, etc. with the stock radio.

Old 10-22-2001, 06:55 AM

Lucid , I brought your rear speaker kit awhile ago , and now I want to put in an amplifier. Do you have a cable harness I can buy to make the install easier. I will be using an Alpine MRP-F306 a friend had laying around.

Any advice would be appreciated.
Old 10-22-2001, 11:38 AM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by lucid
[B]

I got the info on the 2002 model's radio.
Old 10-22-2001, 12:04 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I added a 35W/ch amp and the difference is night and day. I think that the 20 and 30W output ratings on the head unit are wildly optimistic.
Old 10-22-2001, 12:53 PM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by ErikKlenke
[B]

You must be kidding. the '01 stock radio has 20w x 4 watts RMS? Is that really right?
Old 10-22-2001, 08:02 PM

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Lucid,

Once again your mod is one of the "must haves" for the S2000 owner. Thanks for freely sharing your knowledge as I know other profiteers have abused this trust. It is clear from continued posts, such as this one, your efforts will go down in S2000 history as others have (i.e. '02 model updates). I, as others, appreciate your open discussion of the system and wish you the best in your endeavors in helping others that wish professional assistance from those such as yourself for the actual modifications.

Utah

P.S. The rear speaker mod is one of the best mods which can be done......and all here owe the concept to Lucid! Many "expert installers" myself included, questioned him on accoustics and he pressed on! Some from Utah.......thanks.
Old 10-23-2001, 02:23 PM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Utah S2K
[B]Lucid,

Once again your mod is one of the "must haves" for the S2000 owner. Thanks for freely sharing your knowledge as I know other profiteers have abused this trust. It is clear from continued posts, such as this one, your efforts will go down in S2000 history as others have (i.e. '02 model updates). I, as others, appreciate your open discussion of the system and wish you the best in your endeavors in helping others that wish professional assistance from those such as yourself for the actual modifications.

Quick Reply: Lucid's rear speaker panel install