S2000 Talk Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it.

los gatos honda service

Old 11-07-2000, 11:05 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

anyone have their gear grind fixed with these guys? i can't find any dealer that won't want to either 'inspect' by themselves, or go for a drive with me. since i only get it sometimes...i can't really reproduce the problem. help mee
Old 11-07-2000, 11:19 AM
Administrator

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

yes, SilverSurfer has, and I plan to take mine to them for it.
Old 11-07-2000, 11:50 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

did they give him a problem?
Old 11-07-2000, 12:21 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally posted by enLihtninBoy:
did they give him a problem?

Los Gatos Honda has never given me a problem. They have always gone the extra mile to make sure things were right with my car. When I called about the 1-2 grind fix (this was 1 day after the bulletin came out) They said they have the bulletin and wanted to know when I could bring my car in and did I need a loaner. I was the guinea pig for this repair and I told them I wasn't sure if I wanted to be the first. They assured me everything would be fine. So, I brought it in, picked up a loaner and they had it for 3 days. Partly due to not having the parts and tools. Since I was the first I figured this was part of the learning curve. So I was ok with that. After all was done and I picked up my car, I noticed my car was way out of alignment. It does not state in the bulletin to re-align after the repair. I picked up the car on friday...drove it all weekend then took it over to my buddies at Tech3 and had them re-align it. I went to LG Honda later that day, and met with Chuck (service manager) and spent a good hour with him talking about the S2000 and other things. He asked if I had paid to get it aligned and if I did he would reimburse me for it. He then noted that re-alignment might be necessary with the 1-2 Grind repair and added it to the procedures.

My suggestion would be to call LG Honda ask for Sue or Chuck and feel them out. If you feel comfortable with them then by all means take your car to them because I know they will take care of you. Let me know what happens.

Old 11-09-2000, 02:58 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

To all bay area S2000 owners, Los Gatos Honda would love to be your service center for your repairs. They have always treated me in a very professional and friendly manner and look forward to providing service to your cars. They understand that our cars are very special to us and will always treat them as such. I've had numerous visits to Los Gatos Honda and have always left feeling good about what they repaired on my car.

Here are some of the repairs they have done to my car:

1. 1-2 Grind (3 days to repair, I was the first one for them)

2. Dashboard Replacement (there were 2 blisters on it, so they replaced it, not one squeak since they replaced it.)

3. New Carpet (carpet was torn where the floor mat mount was installed)

4. Driver Kick Panel Replacement (torn when stereo was installed by a stereo shop, no charge)

5. Regular Maintenence

6. All of the other recall notices - Seat Belt recall being done today.

Items under review

1. Rear Window

2. Clutch, PP and Flywheel

So, if you are looking for good service with a friendly attitude, call Chuck or Sue at Los Gatos Honda (408) 395-6100.