S2000 Talk Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it.

Longest roadtrip in an S?

Old 03-17-2007, 08:24 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yeah, I got the Passport SRX so Im content in that dept. Just got a silver 8GB ipod nano today.
Old 03-18-2007, 06:14 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

bay area > anaheim > irvine > sd in one night. wasn't too bad. i make the drive often and it's quite fun in the S when you hit the mtns

on the straightaway, it's boring as hell.

gluck on the cross country trip! I always travel at night so there's no picture opportunities.
Old 03-18-2007, 11:45 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I drove cross country from Boston to LA in my S and had zero back/butt issues. I couldn't have asked for a more comfortable car. Make sure you sit up straight with your back fully against your seat and you're all good.

Buy a nav unit. Costco has the nuvi 350 for $350 or $400 right now..one generation old, but still an incredible unit.

As for lodging, I'd pull into a gas station in the smaller cities and get one of the motel magazine by the door. The free magazine has coupons for all the local small motels...excellent deals.

Drive with earplugs and your stereo on...you'll surprisingly hear all of your music, minus the wind and road noise.
Old 03-19-2007, 12:29 PM

I've driven all around the the west, midwest and east in my prelude... i couldn't imagine doing those trips in my S though - it would be a little too loud and cramped I think

And 80 through nebraska/iowa is realllly boring (if that's the route you're going to take)... it's flat and straight

either way though, it'll be one hell of a trip.

good luck and have a great time
Old 03-27-2007, 09:25 PM

Two more days and I hit the road. Got an ipod nano and got auxiliary plugs for my deck and added about 1200 songs. I LOVE IT!!

So can someone tell me how to get to The Dragon from Atlanta please?
Old 03-29-2007, 05:50 PM

Looks like Im all set. Got me a Garmin Nuvi 350 and this time tomorrow, I'll be on headin east. I dont think I'll be goin to Florida tho. I planned my route and here's whas projected.....

Houston > Atlanta > The Dragon > Nashville via 129 > Visit Elvis > MO- Ozarks > St. Louis > Iowa- scenic drive > South Dakota- scenic drive & Mt. Rushmore > Wyoming- scenic drive > Billings, MT > Back down through Yellowstone > Idaho > Yakima, WA > Mt. Rainier > HOME!!

All these scenic drives are just a portion of the state, obviously. I found them on Bridgestone.com. There's a link for famous scenic drives across the country. Too bad there's no coast but o well, Im on the west coast anyway, it'll be a trip to states I'll probably never be in again.

Stay tuned for pics.
Old 03-30-2007, 12:51 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

whoa! that's nuts Rich! Have fun on the trip though dude!

See ya back in time for some go-karty goodness! [err....if i get the day off...]
Old 03-30-2007, 04:54 AM

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Wow some of you guys travel far. The car isnt' the best for traveling cross country in. Just so damn small lol.
Old 04-03-2007, 03:55 PM

Received 28 Likes on 22 Posts

Careful with those northern legs - I was at Jackson Hole yesterday, which is just south of Yellowstone, and was watching several inches of snow fall...
Old 04-03-2007, 04:16 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

My longest road trip wasn't so amazing because it was particularly long (by Western standards), but because of how varied it was. Total trip was about 3000 miles.

I live in Seattle. Every year there is an annual campout and potluck on Halloween by some climbers in Joshua Tree NP. One year I knew some folks having a track day at Laguna Seca right about Halloween.

So for the road trip I needed to bring track gear, rock climbing gear, camping gear, and then the normal assortment of clothes and stuff you need to live out of your car for a week.

Day 1: Seattle to Redding
Day 2: Redding to Barstow
Day 3: Barstow to J-Tree (plus climbing)
Day 4: More climbing, then J-Tree to Barstow
Day 5: Barstow to Monterey
Day 6: Laguna Seca
Day 7: supposed to be Monterey to Ashland, but there was snow on the passes, so I went along the coast to Crescent City
Day 8: Crescent City to Seattle

Quick Reply: Longest roadtrip in an S?