S2000 Talk Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it.

Less than 24 hours and the whole car got keyed!

Old 06-19-2010, 05:48 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Less than 24 hours and the whole car got keyed!

Well I traded my 08 Civic Si for a 2006 Si, it's red just like my Civic was and I love it. I got 15k for my trade or what I owed on it and got the S for 21k. After a night out of driving I got back to my complex at about 4AM where the car was parked where my Civic was always parked in the parking garage. Well I come out at about 9 AM and the whole passenger side is keyed and the driver door and trunk lid is keyed. I couldn't believe it and sitll can't as I write this it is still not even 24 hours in my possession. The Civic which all in all was a much brighter car due to my constant care I gave it was never touch, and it had a VIS CF Hood, Expensive 18" wheels and so on! So I took it to the body shop today at which a good friend works at. I will be leaving town tomorrow night and they will have it for the week and if all goes well I should have it by Saturday. I really can not believe the disrespect and carelessness of people these days, not to mention the amount of effort they put in to do this to my brand new S. What I worry about now is what to do after it is repaired. I do not have an actual "garage" to park it in just what was supposedly a safe parking structure, where security has a presence. Guess I was lied to. Just had to get this off my chest to a community which cares for there cars as I do mine.
Old 06-19-2010, 05:54 PM

Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts

Wow, that's ****** bullshit. Did you make a police report and report it to your insurance? Insurance will cover that.

People are such ****** assholes, I'm sorry that some douchebag would have the heartlessness to do this to you. :\
Old 06-19-2010, 06:02 PM

I did make a claim and will have to shell out $500 dollars for my deductible. I also made a police report, just from talking to other neighbors it seems that this is not the first vandalism in this garage. There have been burglaries too. Building management said they are doing what they can to make our garage more secure by having a CC tv system probably will never happen. I do know though if I caught anyone in the act of doing such a thing to my car again or for any ones in that matter they will be leaving pretty scratched up themselves.
Old 06-19-2010, 06:06 PM

Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by hondastrtracr,Jun 19 2010, 07:02 PM
I did make a claim and will have to shell out $500 dollars for my deductible. I also made a police report, just from talking to other neighbors it seems that this is not the first vandalism in this garage. There have been burglaries too. Building management said they are doing what they can to make our garage more secure by having a CC tv system probably will never happen. I do know though if I caught anyone in the act of doing such a thing to my car again or for any ones in that matter they will be leaving pretty scratched up themselves.
If insurance is cutting you a check and you can get the car redone for less than the check, I'd take some of the money and get yourself a really nice Viper alarm system. If someone gets too close to the car or shakes it in any way, you'll have your 2 way pager letting you know.

I would also consider getting a car cover. They'd have to mess with it/cut it to get to your car again and that'd probably set off the alarm.

And if you really have the time and resources, consider setting up your own camera system and maybe have it wirelessly stream/record to your home PC/laptop. That's what I would do; maybe a little extreme but with the right technical proficiency, not extremely hard.

Again, I'm sorry somebody already spoiled your fun with the car. I hope you'll still love and cherish it as much as the rest of us do.
Old 06-19-2010, 06:22 PM

No doubt I still love it, scratches or not it's an S2000 and when I get it back in all it's beauty I am gonna have one great summer with it!!!
Old 06-19-2010, 06:53 PM

Received 26 Likes on 18 Posts

Geez, that's awful. Sorry that happened to you. You suspect anyone in particular?
Old 06-19-2010, 07:06 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Keep your head up bro. That's messed up whoever did that to your car.
Old 06-19-2010, 07:55 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

that sucks man!
Old 06-19-2010, 09:55 PM

I can only wonder what will happen to it next. I am considering using it as bait one night while I sit in another car Not far from it with a nice wooden bat. It sounds like there is someone in our complex that may be doing this, or at least that's what I have gathered talking to neighbors. If it is just one person and they are properly disposed of then I don't think we will have any more problems. Drastic yes, but this is very unacceptable. There is a new skyline and bmw and mercedes in all within in feet of my car and no one else got hit. I do not know anyone here since I just moved from another town. Nor do I have any enemies. Random? Maybe but almost every panel on the car? That's just off the chain. But hopefully this body shop does work the way they say they do. And the have a track record of working on very expensive rides. So give a little prayer to my S she needs it.
Old 06-19-2010, 10:24 PM

Originally Posted by hondastrtracr,Jun 19 2010, 09:55 PM
I can only wonder what will happen to it next. I am considering using it as bait one night while I sit in another car Not far from it with a nice wooden bat. It sounds like there is someone in our complex that may be doing this, or at least that's what I have gathered talking to neighbors. If it is just one person and they are properly disposed of then I don't think we will have any more problems. Drastic yes, but this is very unacceptable. There is a new skyline and bmw and mercedes in all within in feet of my car and no one else got hit. I do not know anyone here since I just moved from another town. Nor do I have any enemies. Random? Maybe but almost every panel on the car? That's just off the chain. But hopefully this body shop does work the way they say they do. And the have a track record of working on very expensive rides. So give a little prayer to my S she needs it.
Why a wooden bat? Wouldn't a corked out aluminium Louyville Slugger split head better?? Just sayin.

Quick Reply: Less than 24 hours and the whole car got keyed!