S2000 Talk Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it.

kudos to Covercraft

Old 09-30-2004, 06:51 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Post kudos to Covercraft

I know several S2KI members own Covercraft covers and many people inquire about what kind of cover to get, and after what happened to mine recently, I feel the company deserves some praise for good customer service. I bought a Covercraft Weathershield for my S in August of 2002, and have had it on the car whenever it wasn't being driven (only drove 13k miles since then, so it sits a lot). Back in August (2004), I was removing the cover from the car and the fabric tore. There was a 10 inch tear, and I wasn't being rough with it. Knowing the cover had a 4 year warranty, I wrote a letter and sent pictures to the customer service folks, and they came back and said to ship the cover to them for evaluation. I was told they would inspect it and either replace the damaged panels, replace the entire cover, or give me an estimate on the repair costs (if they deemed the damage to be my fault, and not covered under warranty). I didn't really hear much back from them, but finally managed to get an email saying my cover would be ready to ship on 9/20. Well, yesterday (9/29) I had a box from Covercraft, and I opened it and found a brand new custom-fit Weathershield cover that had been completely replaced under their warranty. I was quite happy, and I think they deserve some credit for standing by their product. The Weathershield is a great cover, and I have been very pleased - if you are thinking about buying a cover, I highly recommend Covercraft products, as they carry warranties the company actually honors.

It seems like all too often people only post complaints online, but I definitely think Covercraft deserves some positive remarks because of this.
Old 09-30-2004, 07:29 AM

Do you have a wing on you car? I need to order a cover and have to measure the wing on mine to get a correct fit.
Old 09-30-2004, 08:13 AM

I don't have a wing. I think if you just have the OEM Honda spoiler that the fit would still be okay...it just may not completely cover the exhaust tips. I bought mine through autoanything.com, and maybe you could check there if there is an option for them to customize it to fit around a spoiler. I recently got an email that autoanything.com had a sale on car covers (10% off, I think).
Old 09-30-2004, 08:25 AM

The covercraft weathershield is a great product. My only advice would be to make sure you secure the underside of the front end of the cover with a bungie cord. The front end of the cover can be blown off in high winds. I do not have a front lip, but if you do, I can only imagine that would make it even harder for the cover to stay on. It doesn't seem to have any problem staying on the back end, however, I do not put the cover over the exhaust tips.