S2000 Talk Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it.

Kodokan's McGard Seat Locks are great but isn't something missing???

Old 06-11-2004, 06:55 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Kodokan's McGard Seat Locks are great but isn't something missing???

I ordered a set of McGard Seat Locks off Kodokan but then I realize that sure this is a good buy and it protects a valuable asset of the car but there is no initial deterrant such as a decal to paste or something. Let's say someone spots your S and decides to steal it for the seats, well, they're already gonna have to have slashed the convertible top to then find out that it probably isn't worth it anymore because to their surprise there are seat locks securing the seats. The convertible is not a cheap item to replace as it can easily run around $2000 or more when being replaced by Honda. Sure a small decal near the driver window will take away from the car aesthetically but it would also say "Burglar Beware!". What do you guys think?
Old 06-11-2004, 07:04 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I think you're not looking hard enough Another member sells the decals already...but I have no clue who it was, so run a search.
Old 06-11-2004, 07:06 PM

Scroll to the bottom of this link...
http://forums.s2ki.com/forums/showthread.p...threadid=183504

Supposedly available from SenseiRick (The Sticker Guy)
Old 06-11-2004, 07:07 PM
WPS

there is a decal available. contact kodokan, someone makes them for something like 5 bux after confirm of having the set.

edit: damn you guys are fast. beat me to the punch. they should offer these to anyone really with or without the sets
Old 06-11-2004, 07:08 PM

My reply then is why aren't decals provided for when you buy the seat locks to begin with. Doesn't sound right to me.
Old 06-11-2004, 07:10 PM
WPS

someone should get a whole bunch made up and just sell them for like 10 bux and make a killing
Old 06-11-2004, 07:16 PM

Ok, got no choice, just contacted SenseiRick about a set of decals. Thanks for the info guys.
Old 06-11-2004, 09:55 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally posted by WPS
they should offer these to anyone really with or without the sets
Then it defeats the purpose of the stickers...as stupid as the theives are, they frequent the boars just as much (one reaosn being they have an easier time finding targets). If they think anyone and everyone can have a sticker, but no locks, they're more likely to break into a car with locks even if it has a sticker...they don't know the locks are truly there, they only see a sticker that was on the last three cars they swiped seats from.

In the end, though, it probably makes nearly 0 difference...
Old 06-12-2004, 07:04 AM

The answer about the stickers is in this thread. Also has info to obtain stickers.

Consider leaving the car unlocked. It's as good as unlocked anyway to anyone with a pocket knife. Note, these thieves just leaned on the window.
Old 06-12-2004, 09:15 AM

you guys should really think about what you're saying. kodokan does it as a favor to everyone, and not to make profit. he doesn't want anyone's seats to get stolen either.

Quick Reply: Kodokan's McGard Seat Locks are great but isn't something missing???