S2000 Talk Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it.

Just wanted to warn you guys in regards to speedcraft

Old 01-07-2003, 04:36 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Oh yeah... And as for the manifold. We're making one out of cast iron. Not as good as stainless steel, but barely more than 1/3rd of the price.
Old 01-07-2003, 06:32 AM

My experience with Speedcraft is consistent with BlackS2000Turbo's. Todd (and Tracy) have stood behind their work and have never dodged my calls. While, the S/C is probably a "less fuss" approach to increasing power than the turbo (any turbo, from Speedcraft or otherwise), I'm happy with the kit Speedcraft developed and more than satisfied with the installation and the post-installation support. I'm not trying to defend Todd, but I don't think your (clearly unsatisfactory) experience is consistent with that of the rest of us.
Old 01-07-2003, 07:08 AM

I just spoke with Todd... did you do any kind of modification to the wastegate perhaps in order to try and fix it yourself? Just a question so don't get on the defensive...
-BS2KT
Old 01-07-2003, 07:22 AM

all we did was try switching the wastegate springs from the same type of wastegate that the shop had. That didnt seem to work so. I dunno.

I am aware of the fact that everyone who has the SC kit seems to be having good results with their customer service. thats why Im not happy here. Because I would like to be treated the same way.
Old 01-07-2003, 07:24 AM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by BlackS2000Turbo
[B]I just spoke with Todd...
Old 01-07-2003, 07:45 AM

Received 789 Likes on 477 Posts

After 1 month of not receiving a response last June, I would have gotten a lawyer to write a letter to the company. Sorry, but if you are trying to contact them and you don't feel you are getting satisfactory customer service then you should have seeked legal consul (sp?). I don't have dealings with the company or these people and I believe the other board members when they said they had good dealings with them, but I think SpeedCraft (Todd or whoever) should give this same level of customer service to everyone, even if you are the only person to "slip through the cracks". Just my $.02
Old 01-07-2003, 08:31 AM

Well from my conversation with Todd, since the wastegate wasn't in we'll call it "factory" form he had no recourse but to send it to Tial to see if they can repair it. If there weren't any modifications to it he could have just replaced yours knowing that he would get a replacement from Tial for it as defective. Tial is the one dragging their knuckles here. Maybe you could get a case number or something for Tial and call them directly to get a status or push things along. But from what I can tell... your best bet at this point would be to get a replacement unit since I doubt that one will work again and I'm fairly certain they won't warranty it. were you trying to replace the spring??
-BS2KT
Old 01-07-2003, 12:02 PM

It sounds like Speedcraft is passing the buck. Speedcraft sent the wg to Tial and should be responsible for its return. I don't expect them to cover a warranty on a modified part, but they shouldn't get to shun all responsibility for this reason either. They should get the man his part back in a reasonable amount of time. Telling him to call Tial is not the way it should be handled.
Old 01-07-2003, 12:02 PM

Well..

in the beginning when we were dyno tuning the car. The boost kept going all the way up to 12 psi. We checked for any room for error. i.e. Proper installation of the boost controller, and we even disconnected the boost controller to see what the stock spring was set to. Still...same effect.
Then we finally took apart the wastegate.

I think it would only be fair to ask Speedcraft to check up for me, because they place the orders with Tial. Not myself. And I would assume that Todd is the type to get things done,...since he was able to finally pull those turbo's out from backorder with turbonetics.

BlackS2000Turbo, I appreciate all your help. Very gracious of you, and it obviously seems that you have much more success of getting through to Todd than I do.

Honestly I don't have time to make these frequent calls, because I work all the time. I get out of work when Tial is already closed. so....if Todd could do it, that would be superb.
Old 01-07-2003, 04:47 PM

SpeedCrafts responsibility. period. Tial didn't sell your the turbo kit. There passing the burden along to a believable scapegoat. I would be furious.

Quick Reply: Just wanted to warn you guys in regards to speedcraft