S2000 Talk Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it.

Just wanted to warn you guys in regards to speedcraft

Old 01-06-2003, 05:30 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

So far everything that I have experienced with the Speedcraft Turbo kit in terms of functionality has been great.

But heres is my main gripe with speedcraft:

When I first installed my kit, I had some problems with the Tial Wastegate that was provided with the kit. Now I know that those of you whom have installed the kit as well, have not. So I might be one of the unlucky souls.

However, my customer service with this little company has not been the best. When I first ordered the kit, I was told originally 4-6 weeks to get the kit. I ended up waiting 4 months to get the MFin kit! Of course there was a backorder on turbo parts, but whatever...shit happens.

Now back to the wastegate, to make a long story short, the wastegate was overboosting quite a bit, so I sent it to speedcraft to have them check it out. Never got calls from Todd (owner) in regards to what was wrong with it. I constantly called him, and he would keep telling me that he was busy but he had sent it to Tial. No word from tial. This happened back in June 02' Well,...its January 2003 now, and still no word. I call, and I leave emails for Todd, but not one call. Im guessing that that guy has used the wastegate.....even if not, I don't care. I just want my wastegate back. After spending 6200 on a turbo kit, don't I deserve at least a wastegate thats working?

Yes, they say they have customer service, but I sure don't see it. I just hear words, no actions. And Im pissed. So just a word of caution before you give speedcraft a call...think about the situation Im in. And Im sure that Todd will be on this board having some kind of rebuttal, but if thats what it takes ...........

I always hear all these great things from other SC owners in terms of service, ...but what about me? To not be totally negative towards SC, they have provided some good advice and feedback on tuning issues, however, this is whats most important to me.....
Old 01-06-2003, 05:42 PM

well i guess that is something to think about... i have been considering a turbo kit and plan to purchase one within this month.. hope everything turns out right
Old 01-06-2003, 06:50 PM

Team Hybrid,
I hate to contradict you but when I installed my kit myself, I was on the phone with Todd and Tracy anywhere from 7am on a Saturday morning to 10:30 pm on a Sunday night. They always took my calls and when they weren't available they called me back promptly. I just can't see them ignoring somebody like this. I'll give Todd a call on his cell phone in the morning and see if I can help in any way. This simply isn't a normality. There must be some other factor involved in this situation that's not plain to see. I'll post tomorrow morning after I speak to him.
-BS2KT
Old 01-06-2003, 06:55 PM

Thanks alot BlackS2000, Id really appreciate that.

no doubt that they are kind in giving helpful tech tips, and spend time on the phone, but I just totally feel like Im being taken advantage of.

Perhaps, its not Todd, but his employees? .........because I have left numerous messages for him.
Old 01-06-2003, 09:57 PM

I was consider getting the turbo kit, may be I should go SC or Ultimate Racing
turbo kit.
Old 01-07-2003, 02:09 AM

Go custom turbo. You'll probably get it a lot cheaper, if you're willing to put in the effort to source all the parts yourself.
Old 01-07-2003, 03:14 AM

TH,
PM me or e-mail with your Phone number and I'll call Todd and have him call you today... I was there a couple of times Saturday but didn't see this post until this morning.
Old 01-07-2003, 03:15 AM

Who's exhaust manifold do you recommend Sunder? What about intercooler piping? And using the quality parts that the Speedcraft comes with I'd be willing to bet my turbo you couldn't do it cheaper unless you were welding the custom pieces yourself. There's a reason behind the fact that Speedcraft owners talk about their kits on this board and post results. They are a known factor. Irregardless, I don't think this thread belongs in UTH, I just realized it was. It should be moved to S2000 Talk. Just my opinion though.
-BS2KT
Old 01-07-2003, 04:32 AM
Former Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

MOVED
Old 01-07-2003, 04:35 AM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by BlackS2000Turbo
[B]I'd be willing to bet my turbo you couldn't do it cheaper unless you were welding the custom pieces yourself.

Quick Reply: Just wanted to warn you guys in regards to speedcraft