S2000 Talk Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it.

Just got my S2000, and got a question?

Old 03-15-2004, 12:30 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Just got my S2000, and got a question?

Yes, I did finally purchase an S2000. It would be hard to believe that this will actually be my first car, and I am still a junior in high school, so I am starting out pretty young. My "beater" car was my mom's Acura TL 3.2, which is also a pretty sweet car. The TL was used by me for one year so I could get a handle of every day driving before I got my own car. The S2000 I bought isn't new or used, but actually a wrecked vehicle. It is a 2002 S2000 Sebring Silver with only 5,700 miles. I consider the damage to be mild, as only the front of the car has to be repaired, along with replacing the airbags, and the price was a steal too. Here is a picture of the car:

The cover on the front is covering the damage on the front of the car just for safety reasons until I can get it into my garage. The car was found by me in Ohio, and me and my dad decided to go pick it up and tow it back for a project car, which would later become my car. I can say for a fact that even though it isn't in the greatest shape, I still get excited just looking at the car. It will hopefully be fixed up by this summer and be ready for my senior year of high school, so I can't wait. I just had a few questions concerning buying parts for this car. I am looking for pretty much the whole front clip of the car including hood, fenders, radiator, radiator support and etc. Do any of you have suggestions on where I could find the OEM parts I need at good prices? Any other information I should know on the car would also be helpful. I know that the S2000 is sometimes tricky to drive, so I am already planning on going to some driving schools around the Tampa Bay area, and I am really gonna go easy on the car, as I know I still am not that much of an experienced driver. I hope to learn alot from you all in the coming future. Thanks again.
Old 03-15-2004, 12:35 PM

GL.. Learn to drive it well, its not like all other cars. Hardtopguy.com is a great source for OEM parts and the Forsale forum owns.. Goodluck!
Old 03-15-2004, 12:37 PM

Congrats. Great father/son project, by the way. Sorry I can't help out on parts, etc, but I'm sure you'll get some excellent advice soon.

Good luck.
Old 03-15-2004, 12:37 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Wow, you sound very mature for a junior in high school! Great to see. Welcome to the forum.

I agree, hardtopguy.com is a great source for most of what you need (if you're looking for new parts).

Good luck on getting that beauty working again!
Old 03-15-2004, 12:39 PM

Congrats and good luck!
Old 03-15-2004, 12:47 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

That would be a really fun project car. Nice that it's a cool car and parts are still new. I can't imagine trying to track down parts for say ... an S800 or something.
Old 03-15-2004, 12:50 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Just checked http://www.hardtopguy.com and have a question or two. Are those authentic Honda parts? How does he sell them so much cheaper than Honda? They appear to be about 80% of Honda's prices. Have any of you guys bought from them? How's the service? Have you had any parts show up damaged? I just find it somewhat hard to believe (:
Old 03-15-2004, 12:51 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

hardtopguy.com is Ganley Honda in Ohio. Great people, and yes, 100% OEM Honda parts.

I'd trust them with my first-born child (if I had one).
Old 03-15-2004, 01:15 PM

Junior High!? The only thing i was driving was my bus pass. Good choice kid. Hardtopguy and HandA-accessories.com. I would look into some aftermarket parts instead of OEM.
Old 03-15-2004, 01:52 PM

good luck with the s2. having a s2000 at that age is a wish come true for some us. you're very lucky and the good thing is, you seem responsible.

Quick Reply: Just got my S2000, and got a question?