S2000 Talk Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it.

Just got my car back from the body shop.

Old 04-06-2010, 04:06 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Just got my car back from the body shop.

Long story short, my buddy borrowed my car and some lady pulled out in front of him, so I have been without it for about a month now. I just got it back from the body shop today. Everything looks good except for one thing. They were going to replace the fender at first, but insurance told them not to and to just repair it. It seems as if they just bondoed over the body line, so a big piece of the body line is missing. It just looks wierd. Ill show some pics, it doesnt look as bad in the pic as it does in person. It bugs the shit out of me. Comparing the repaired side to the other side its very noticable. Its on the passenger side.

Here is after:

Here is what they had to work with.

What do you guys think? I am planning to take it back to the body shop tomorrow and having them look at it. I think they should replace the fender if they arent going to be able to fix that one.
Old 04-06-2010, 04:30 PM

WTF. What insurance company would do such a thing? I don't want to be their customer.
Old 04-06-2010, 04:32 PM

Its State Farm. They are usually pretty good about stuff, I dont know why they did that. Especially since they are going to get reimbursed from the insurance company of the person who hit my car.
Old 04-06-2010, 04:59 PM

Received 3,767 Likes on 2,658 Posts

insist on perfection, why settle for less, they never would if they wanted something from you. Take it back and get it done right. It doesn't make sense for them to do it that way, but who knows.
Old 04-06-2010, 05:17 PM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Correct, I would take it back and have them A) replace it or B) do a better "repair"

MY old S2000 was in the body shop too much. I took it back many a times. Once, They had overspray EVERYWHERE and they gave it back to me like that. I picked it up after hours cause it had been something like 43 days, and I wanted it back. Car was back there the next day to have all the paint cleaned up.

Just demand a better fix and they should comply. My insurance(Allstate) called me after each repair to make sure the shop was doing their job(the shop was on their prefered list so). I explained my whole deal to them, but let them know they did fix it right away.
Old 04-06-2010, 05:17 PM

i'm real anal about stuff like that and would bitch about it too. i don't see why the insurance wouldn't want to replace the fender in the first place, sounds like bull shit to me.
Old 04-06-2010, 05:31 PM

Im going back there tomorrow to do just that. The fender was perfect before so why should it not be now? The body shop is also on my insurance preferred list. Ill post up the results after I go there.
Old 04-06-2010, 06:34 PM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Oh hell yea, if they are on the list then there is no excuse for that!!
Old 04-06-2010, 08:42 PM

When my s2k was in the shop for re-paint due to being vandalized, I return 4 times complaining about everything not being the way it was when I bought it there. The shop I tooked it to had guildlines and slogans("like it never happen") so I expected it to look "like it never happen". Just make sure they get the job done right and if it looks off, go back and complain, raise hell if you have to. Don't pay for unfinished work!
Old 04-06-2010, 09:49 PM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

insurance companies will do what they can to save money so if they believe the fender can be fixed.... they will fix it.
Just demand it gets fixed and they will give in

Quick Reply: Just got my car back from the body shop.