S2000 Talk Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it.

Just got my 02 Suzuka Blue S2K

Old 02-23-2002, 09:12 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Congrats, on the car! Suzuka Blue is the most exclusive and sought after color available!
Old 02-23-2002, 10:21 PM

Hello SLD2000,

It's funny how everyone in Vancouver seems to buy a Suzuka Blue from Carter Honda...They must have some kinda arrangement with the warehouse.
Yeah, when I was buying my Suzuka, they were trying to sell me that other Blue with 500 Km on it. Although I test drove that car, I did not get that car but a brand new one with 13 Km on it... I wonder who ended up gettin' it.

I paid the MSRP with nothing on it. Did not have to pay PDI, and that's the all the break I got.
BTW, do you remember this lady named Jennifer? She's da financial lady and she can suck my #$%@.
She seemed too pushy. I pissed her off by not buying those diamond undercoat, alarm, etc, haha

Ever since then, I had gotten Black Chrome Emblem kit and a front OEM spoiler from Carter Honda Motorsport neat Granville Island entrance.
If anything u need, look for David and He'll hook you up. I am gettin' my rear spoiler soon from him.

Look forward to catch your car with front spoiler and a Ti shift knob that's if I can see your shift knob driving by you
Old 02-24-2002, 01:59 AM

geppetto~~~

I was asking price at every single Honda dealers in Vancouver, the others offer no more than $1,000 discount. The sales in Carter Honda told me that he could get me the car with the spoiler, shift knob and $1,000 to $2,000 more discount. But I ended up with those parts and no discount. the manager was really tough on my deal. I was really pissed.

bran4u~~~

Ya, they were trying to sell me the one with 500kms as well, but heard that it is no longer in the showroom anymore.
I know Jennifer, but I did the paper with Jadine(the other sales manager) who was trying to sell me all those parts as well. I got the aftermarket alarm because I was not really happy about the price I paid, so the sales gave me a $100 coupon(which can only be use on those parts).

One more bad thing about my purchasing experience at Carter Honda,
Before I made up my mind to a S2K, they took away the $500 deposit right after I test drove the car. I really hate that because that action made me feel really uncomfortable doing business with them. So, I did a real terrible survey for them
Old 02-24-2002, 07:19 PM

Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts

SLD2000...

That is so strange. My experience at Carter was great. I had been to a couple of other dealerships and really felt as though they were trying to screw me. When I went in to Carter it was so much better. They actually gave me the car for a lower price than I had offered to pay (it's a long story...)! I guess a lot has to do with who the salesperson is. They deal was over and done in about 10 minutes.
Old 02-25-2002, 06:18 PM

geppetto~~~

I was pissed because the salesperson didn't really keep his promise to me.

First, he promised to give me a discount with those add-ons at the beginning but he didn't.

Second, he never give me a call even when my car is ready for pick up.

Third, when I got my car, the front spoiler, shift knob and even the security system were not install in my car.

Fourth, the sales promised to give me those parts by the following monday, but I waited 1 more week for those parts. The security was done even later.

Last, both the general manager and business manager were really tough on me
Old 02-25-2002, 08:53 PM

i m just wondering which sales were u dealing with at carter ?!
Old 02-25-2002, 10:08 PM

My experience with Carter Honda was rather bad & quick. I got this impression that they want to rush you to get the car, sign the papers, and deal with all the other details such as accessories, etc. later on.

Anyhow, enjoy your cars!
Old 02-26-2002, 12:25 AM

bran4u~~~

I feel exactly the same.
Old 02-27-2002, 03:17 AM

SLD2000,

I am considering some modifications to my car, and wondering if you know any good import shops in town where I could order parts, etc.
I know we have A & J Racing in Richmond...Have you ever heard about the place?- a exclusive Spoon importer and others.

I'd like to get a CAI setup either from Spoon or Mugen. I'd go for exhaust too but I am happy with stock dual exhaust. Besides, I've seen people here gaining little or even less power from nu exhaust so...

Also, I am curious about your VIN #'s. Mine's #00054

Cheers,
Old 02-27-2002, 06:21 PM

bran4u~~~

Same here, I'm thinking to do some modifications to my car. I have emailed A&J Racing several times already. They told me that they don't often carry Mugen parts, but they gave me the price of Mugen exhaust.

How many KMs on your car now?

I think mine is 00043

Quick Reply: Just got my 02 Suzuka Blue S2K