S2000 Talk Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it.

Just Got Low Balled

Old 06-09-2005, 03:26 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Just Got Low Balled

Just got back from Danbury Fair Honda of Danbury CT with out my s2000. We had a negotiated price and upon arriving there they all of a sudden did not have the money they were offering on my trade in. Story short the car was supposed to be selling at 30k and they were selling it at 32,500. Said the extra 2500 they were giving me for my car over what they initially offered was put towards the price of the s. Story short they were asking for MORE MONEY THAN THE HONDA OF AMERICA LEASE DEAL that has been discused on this board. I will never buy a car there EVER! Black ball car man please add them to the list. This was the shadiest worst business deal I have ever been witness too in my life. Needless to say i drive home in my civic only to have to try and find the car somwhere else after thinking it would be in my driveway now. I plan on calling honda of america and the business owner to alert them of this behavior.
Old 06-09-2005, 03:32 PM

I drove 150 miles when I was looking for my S. Thought I had a deal over the phone but the H dealer in Kileen wanted another $3500.00 because that fat lying son of biatch said we never discussed a price.

Car salesman<dirt.
Old 06-09-2005, 03:32 PM

What? I don't get what happened...

Stop talking to salespeople on the showroom floor and call the internet sales/fleet manager directly. You should be able to do better than $30k w/dest. charge. It would be alot easier if you sell your civic on your own. Or just offer it to them once the deal is sealed on the S. Be prepared to turn down their offer on the civic.
Old 06-09-2005, 03:39 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

yeah im doing same w/ my purchase

ive got 01 civic lx sedan and ima try and trade it in for 02 gpw/red

and pay the difference in cash..

i figure i could private sell civic 11k+8kcash=19k s2k(if pircahsed cash from fleet manager i could prolly swing this)

or trade in civic ask 13k+9k cash=22k s2k..

idk.. dont talk to salesmen tho.. their talking to you to make $.. eliminate middle men=saves u $
Old 06-09-2005, 03:46 PM

i had a deal negoitiated and when we arrived they said it wasnt so. When we went over the numbers and he saw I knew them cold he couldnt even speak a word. That fat slob could only say uhhhhh i dont know how the manager worked it but i cant explain it. He was all ready to try and bs me until he saw i knew my shit and couldnt be bs'd. He figured i will get the guy in here throw shit at the wall bc if i tell him over the phone i cant do the price theres no deal, so get me in there and hope i want the car that bad and dont know my numbers. scum of the earth. Now when i bought my civic at Courtney Honda in Milford CT it was the most pleasant experience I have ever had. Salesman couldnt have been nicer....they unfortunately dont have any s2k's in stock.....geee i wonder why...needless to say i will be calling them and putting a deposit down on a 06 if they are gettin them in the winter and buy it for 30k and not be hosed. I am so angry right now I cant even begin to tell ya.
Old 06-09-2005, 03:47 PM

Originally Posted by rijowysock,Jun 9 2005, 04:39 PM
i figure i could private sell civic 11k+8kcash=19k s2k(if pircahsed cash from fleet manager i could prolly swing this)

or trade in civic ask 13k+9k cash=22k s2k..
That's fuzzy math...

Figure out what the S2000 is worth before talking about the trade in. It doesn't make sense to raise the purchase price of the car just to make it look like you're getting more money for your trade in. If anything, that's the opposite of what you want to do since it raises your sales tax and license fees.
Old 06-09-2005, 03:53 PM

Originally Posted by jasonw,Jun 9 2005, 03:32 PM
Be prepared to turn down their offer on the civic.
I did initially and told them what another dealer was offering for my car. They said they would match. There way of matching when I got in the door was to take the difference of $2500 they intially offered vs what they were supposed to give me as per the deal that had been negotiated and add it to the price of the s2k. so in essence they were giving me no money. there math worked like this. initial car offer 8k price agreed finally 10,500. price of car supposed to be 30k take that extra 2500 they were "giving" me on my trade and put it on the price of the s for 32,500. Point is it makes NO SENSE. THey were full of it from the start.
Old 06-09-2005, 03:55 PM

Originally Posted by jasonw,Jun 9 2005, 03:47 PM
That's fuzzy math...

Figure out what the S2000 is worth before talking about the trade in. It doesn't make sense to raise the purchase price of the car just to make it look like you're getting more money for your trade in. If anything, that's the opposite of what you want to do since it raises your sales tax and license fees.
exactly what they did to me. makes no sense. and they were asking for more than the honda of america lease price in the end. what did they think i was negoitiating with them to give them MORE MONEY!!!
Old 06-09-2005, 04:04 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i was simply saying..

if i have all CASH and i private sell my car for 11 i could go to the main fleet manager/head of dealership and the car would (normally being 22k) would be around 19k

CASH UNDER TABLE with like a small $ on the title

BUT: if i traded in my civic.. i would ask for more... and therefore couldnt negotiate the S price (cause if i give mine to them cheaper... they wont wanna lower price.. because itl be 'them" making more $)
the S would end up costing me 22k (full amount)

now do you understand my math

if i go somewhere with 19k CASH... the main guy would say.. "hey why should i claim this.." put 9900 on title and pocket the rest or w/e.

but if i go somewhere with a car and only 9k cash.. they would say "were gonna rip this guy a new asshole because hes trying to sell us his civic.. lets charge him 22k for car regardless.. therefor id ask for more on my tradein
Old 06-09-2005, 05:37 PM

You are best off settling on a price for the S2000 without taking the trade-in into consideration. Then if they don't want to give you what you expect on the trade-in, sell it to someone else. You need to be honest with your self that you are getting screwed when you trade in your old car and just have to decide if the time you save is worth the loss in money.

I just simply don't look at a trade-in as barganing power. There's no way you are going to do better trading in than private sale. And the dealer doesn't care about cash. They'd rather have you finance through them so they can make even more money with the interest.

Quick Reply: Just Got Low Balled