S2000 Talk Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it.

Just got THE CALL

Old 02-19-2001, 08:00 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

WOW, I don't know whether to sh*t or wind my watch.

My dealer just called and asked if I wanted to take delivery of my new silver/black a little early? I asked him if he was out of his mind, of course I wanted to take delivery early.

I wasn't supposed to get delivery until May, but apparently there is one in Toronto that can be mine for the asking. I'm not sure if someone else backed out of a deal, but WTF.

If all goes well I could have my baby by this weekend!!!

Looks like Asheville might be possible after all.

BTW, I had to tell someone, as this is going to be a complete surprise to all my friends. I have been keeping this a secret since September, and am ready to burst!
Old 02-19-2001, 08:07 AM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Niiiice!!!! Get the car, man!

And join us in Asheville!!!

Old 02-19-2001, 03:21 PM

I hope you got it! It was very fun to show off the car to friends that had no idea, and even those who I had talked to about it that could not belive I got it. have fun!
Old 02-19-2001, 05:29 PM

Congrats, I also took delivery a little early. The suprise on everyone's faces is priceless.
Old 02-19-2001, 05:36 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Buy it and enjoy.

Treat yourself to snow tires so you don't have to wait until April or May to enjoy it.

I got my snow tires last week (Blizzak MZ-01) and now take it as my "alternate daily driver" any time I want to treat myself....like today.

I lust after yellow or red, but the truth is the silver/black is just spectacular and I love it more every day.

By the way, I had to wait from April (deposit) to November 4 with no such luck of an early treat! I got a manufacture date (23 August) on 31 August but still had to wait two more months for delivery!

Feel luck!
Old 02-19-2001, 11:17 PM

Right on dude...Late Xmas present Congrats...
Old 02-20-2001, 05:42 AM

Just make sure that you THOROUGHLY INSPECT the car BEFORE you sign for it. Take an hour if you need to.

It COULD be a suspect situation. While somebody may have just passed it up as somebody didn't want to take delivery early, it COULD be damaged.

This happened to me. My (ex) dealer called me to say that I could take delivery of my Spa Yellow 2 months early. I was ecstatic! So, I went down there with my checkbook ready to buy. Dealer told me to 'look it over'.

I did, and ran my hand over the paint, to which it felt rough. Did this to the whole car (gently), and when I got to the drivers door, it was as smooth as Brittany Spears A$$ (I'm sure)! So, I looked at the panel edges at the top of the door and sure enough, the orange peel was lumpy......THE WHOLE FREAKIN DOOR HAD BEEN REPAINTED - along with a blend into the rear quarter panel!

ARRRRRGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHH!

I told the dealer that this wasn't gonna be my car. He was stumped that it had been repainted and 'had no explanation' for why it would be like that. He didn't look too upset though (funny about that!!!). He did say though that the car was a transfer/swap with another dealer - sure. Now:

1. Why would a dealer swap a perfectly good Yellow 2001 Stook?
2. Why wouldn't the receiving dealer inspect it THOROUGHLY before they took delivery.

Sounds to me like the swap thing is a crock of shite!

I should have gotten the VIN to warn others! Damn!

So, in the end, I went to Tamaroff in Southfield, and by the end of the week, I was driving a 9 mile old, perfect condition Spa S2000 for MSRP with no dealer forced/installed options!

You can't be too careful with inspecting what you are buying. I can't say for sure, but I guess that the dealer knew about the paint and the reason that he told me to inspect it was that if I didn't find the repaint before I took delivery, I would have no recourse afterwards because he gave me the opportunity to thoroughly inspect the car.

Still guess I'll never know about why the door and quarter had been repainted. Cars do get damaged in shipping though and on the lot. Some poor unknowing owner will buy it now.....and If it has been transferred to ANOTHER dealer, they'll probably mark it up $5K over and sell it too!

Tragic

Just be careful man!