S2000 Talk Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it.

JIC Ti exhaust

Old 11-17-2002, 08:26 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Anyone know when JIC is going to come out with their Ti exhaust for our car?
Old 11-18-2002, 07:28 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Yes, its out.
Here's a list of a few of the JIC products - more coming soon:
http://www.importdevelopment.net/items-sea...php?category=56

Do you want one? Single or the Dual? (dual only has Ti canisters)
Old 11-18-2002, 06:32 PM

I'm looking into getting a dual Ti exhaust. Any info on how it sounds compared to the others, ie Amuse dual Ti? and how it looks from the back. Does it stick out far, is it angled like the tanabe? Thanks.
Also is it full titanium like the amuse?
Its priced alot better than the amuse
Old 11-18-2002, 08:04 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm heavily interested in a Titanium exhaust, but my question is, will it make our car sound like a frickin Civic running a bunch of fart cannons? I've heard a few of the Titanium exhausts out there and i'm not impressed with how it makes our cars sound. I know these exhausts are mega expensive, but the one I heard(Veil???) made it sound terrible. I'm not interested in running around town with a car that sounds like it's farting.
Old 11-18-2002, 09:01 PM

As far as i know, only the dual set up is available as of now. That one only has stainless piping and Ti canisters. You really cant bend Ti, especially at 90 degrees. The ARC and Amuse one use a wierd bend to achive this. I dont think the dual flows as well because if this.

The single JIC Ti should be available the first of the year. The first prototype did not fit US cars. Im currently waiting for the next test piece to get here mid december. Unfortunately, the issue with the docks and teh fact that JIC recently opened a new exhaust facility has slowed the process down even more.

As far as sound goes, i heard a single Ti on a Rsx and was blown away. Our cars wil sound very similar. Loud for sure, but an amazing loud, very much like the Spoon exhaust, but i think it flows better. The spoon for some reason pulsates while this one doesnt. SOund nothing like the Veilside which is the cheap version of Ti. Also come s with a silencer for the weak of heart
Old 11-18-2002, 09:34 PM

Cool Sherwin, please keep us updated on when you get it installed. The sound of the single exhaust is ok by me as long as it doesn't sound like a civic fart pipe. The only reason I wanted dual was because it looks so much better, but now I'm seriously considering single Ti. I'll wait till you get yours and maybe come by your shop to hear your exhaust before I make my final decision.
Old 11-19-2002, 12:11 AM

Originally posted by S2k_fever
Cool Sherwin, please keep us updated on when you get it installed. The sound of the single exhaust is ok by me as long as it doesn't sound like a civic fart pipe. The only reason I wanted dual was because it looks so much better, but now I'm seriously considering single Ti. I'll wait till you get yours and maybe come by your shop to hear your exhaust before I make my final decision.
You are more than welcome to anytime
Old 11-19-2002, 07:50 PM

When the final version is ready, can you post some video's or sound clips? I'm definately interested as long as it sounds nothing like the Veilside Ti, or heaven forbid, a riced out Civic.............
Old 11-19-2002, 10:15 PM

LOL, i ll do my best
Old 11-20-2002, 10:12 PM
Former Sponsor

Yeah...I ordered my dual titanium exhaust about 3 months ago...and they finally got 1 set in...it was the only one that came in for the sema show in vegas, but after that...I was able to pick it up. only the mufflers are titanium...the piping are stainless steel. thats about the only problem with it, but otherwise ITS AWESOME. I'm not quite so sure how loud the AMUSE is, but on the JIC...IT IS EXTREMELY LOUD!!! I wasn't able to stand it so i decided to put the silencer back on. I will try to post some up comming pics...oh yeah...I also picked up a set of carbon fiber strut bar from them the s2k. I'll try to get that up too!

Quick Reply: JIC Ti exhaust