S2000 Talk Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it.

JDM Ti trim covers broken plastic shift boot trim.

Old 02-17-2001, 03:44 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

When I was installing Rick's leather shift boot, I broke the plastic trim piece. I used superglue to hold the trim together.

After contacting Luis for help, I ordered the JDM Honda Access titanium trim pieces Wrom: PWIGYOKSTTZRCLBDXRQBG
Here is their letter to me quoting me the prices:

"Dear sir,

Here are the prices for ordering this mentioned item;

Honda Genuine part titanium trim , price is Yen 16,500
Honda additional Delivery charge is Yen 2,000
EMS shipping charge to states is Yen 1,725
3% Credit Card charge Yen 606
Total amount Yen 20,831

If you wish to make a purchase on this item, you may forward us your Amex blue credit card and shipping address must be the same as credit card billing address to confirm this order with us. Thank you.

Sale Dept
Hitoshi"

It came to US$182.50 on my American Express card.

It looks GREAT!

I probably wouldn't have bought the trim if I had not had a goof to hide. However, I like them better than the plastic.

Delivery took about two weeks. The part number on the box says, "Honda Access Panel B 08F58-S2A-K00 Q' TY 1"

Old 02-17-2001, 03:45 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Very nice, Barry. A worthwhile addition. Thanks for breaking the trim piece.
Old 02-17-2001, 07:32 PM

Barry:

Thanks for the pics - I have been considering this modification for some time.

One question, the larger piece does not appead to mount flush. Is this simply because you have not yet applied the adhesive?

Thanks in advance.
Old 02-17-2001, 07:38 PM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by jay1064
[B]One question, the larger piece does not appead to mount flush.
Old 02-18-2001, 05:57 AM

Barry,

So you just bought those two pieces and the total was $182, or did you buy a more complete set and just show those two pieces. Also, do they only take global cards like AmEx? Or would that have accepted Diner's, Visa, MC, etc. Just under $200 is pretty steep for two trim pieces, but they do look sharp.

Also, do you have the Ti shifter knob? If so, do the finishes on the trim pieces match the knob's? Just curious.

Nice pics; I am sorely tempted.

fotch (ixoye)
Old 02-18-2001, 06:05 AM

fotch, I just bought those two trim pieces for $182.50.
The Honda Access titanium trim pieces for the dash don't fit the left hand drive S2000s. Too bad. I'm not sure if any of the door pieces will fit left hand drive S2000s. I think not, but I could be wrong.

They did not take VISA or Mastercard. I got an Amex Blue card a year ago because it is a smart card with a free reader, but I had never used it until this transaction.

I do have the titanium shift knob hiding under Rick's shift knob leather condom. I haven't had the leather off to look, but I think the match will be nice. The shift knob is a bit more polished than these trim pieces. These trim pieces are a huge improvement over the plastic. Worth $180? I don't know.

It was worth it to me since I broke the plastic, and replacing the console would have been $300. Of course I could have driven the S2000 for the rest of my life with no functional problem with the crack in the plastic, but, you know how that goes!
Old 02-18-2001, 06:26 AM

I sent email to Hitoshi about obtaining these pieces, with MC charge preferable; waiting to hear back. I already have scratches in the soft finish of these stock pieces.
Old 02-18-2001, 06:33 AM

They were very easy to work with, Prolene. I got email answered the same day. They updated me when they ordered the pieces and when they shipped them. They gave me some kind of international tracking number which I never tested.

I had no idea of the transaction would work out, especially sending my credit card by unsecure email, but all has been good. I think you'll be pleased.

If they don't accept Mastercard, you may have to snail mail them an international money order that you can buy from the post office or a cashier's cheque from your bank. Amex did the dollar/yen conversion for me, but, $182.50 in USD should do it.

Barry
Old 02-18-2001, 06:38 AM

Thanks, Barry! I think I sent the email yesterday, so reply may wait the weekend. The pieces look good and thanks for sharing your experience and how to order.

The Voodoo shift knob is polished, so looks different; I think the Honda Ti klnob would be a very similar finish.
Old 02-18-2001, 06:49 AM

Originally posted by Barry WY Silver/Black '01
, but, $182.50 in USD should do it.

Barry
Ooops. $182.50 included a 3% charge for using a credit card. If they don't accept your Mastercard, Prolene, you should send them about $177.03 unless the yen/dollar has changed some since I ordered.

Quick Reply: JDM Ti trim covers broken plastic shift boot trim.