S2000 Talk Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it.

its shocking how the s2k brings us a brotherhood

Old 09-23-2012, 05:23 PM

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Ouhei
People can complain about this community all they want and it's not without it's flaws but it's still the best community I've encountered.
Best community indeed. Pretty much the most sane and respectful car or bike forum I frequent.

Anyone else wave/hand signal when riding on their motorcycle and pass by an S? It just comes out uncontrollably and many of the faces I get from the drivers are sometimes priceless! LOL
Sadly when I am riding in the Civic for beater duties and pull up next to another S at the light and try to engage in conversation or thumbs up, I get a little hesitation there.
Old 09-24-2012, 03:31 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by mazelmazelgoodthings
one big happy family! im glad you had such a great encounter with another owner.

I have had some encounters and only one didn't turn out so good. This one kid at my school has a red ap2 and Ive seen him driving around school for a while and i finally ran into him so I introduced myself and told him I have an s2k as well. The next words out of his mouth were "oh yea this was my dads car he loved it but got a new one and gave me this piece of junk. I hate this thing its so small I cant fit anything in here its like im in a coffin when I drive it. Plus it looks fast but its slow as hell you know?" so i just said "uhh, yea sure dude, I gotta run though I gotta go to publix and get some dinner. nice talking to you."

short story, kid was a jackass.

on a better note, one of my professors at school has a black ap2. I found out because one of the examples he used for the marketing class was what kind of car you drive. He asked me and I said "honda s2000". He said "really, me too, come talk to me after class we'll chat about it." so we had a discussion after class all about our s2000's and at the end of our discussion he says "well I gotta run but if you ever need help with you studying or anything here is my cell number and call me whenever." So he helped me study for hours before every exam so I knew everything like the back of my hand. Even when I had a question during the exams I would go up and ask him if I was unclear about a question and he would just whisper "its B". I would just laugh and go back to my seat.

short story, guy was awesome!
your professors last name wasnt tuttle was it?
Old 09-24-2012, 05:12 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i would say i get a wave from other s2k owners 95% of the time when im on the road...only time i dont is when its an older person driving
Old 09-24-2012, 09:20 AM

Originally Posted by S2KIrishman
i would say i get a wave from other s2k owners 95% of the time when im on the road...only time i dont is when its an older person driving
What do you consider "older", and why are you practicing age discrimination? If they drive an S, they should get a wave!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bIT6c35hNs4
Old 09-24-2012, 09:25 AM

Originally Posted by TVPincDoc
Originally Posted by S2KIrishman' timestamp='1348492341' post='22033703
What do you consider "older", and why are you practicing age discrimination? If they drive an S, they should get a wave!

Haha Those guys are awesome!
Old 10-04-2012, 02:38 PM

Originally Posted by TVPincDoc
Originally Posted by S2KIrishman' timestamp='1348492341' post='22033703

I think he is saying that the older crowd usually doesn't wave back. I've actually noticed the same thing where I live.
Old 10-05-2012, 05:21 AM

Perhaps they are so focused on the driving experience that they miss your wave?
Old 10-06-2012, 04:49 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by ookielookie
Originally Posted by TVPincDoc' timestamp='1348507257' post='22034352
[quote name='S2KIrishman' timestamp='1348492341' post='22033703']

I think he is saying that the older crowd usually doesn't wave back. I've actually noticed the same thing where I live.
[/quote]

Ive noticed this as well. Only one older gentleman acknowledged me in 5 years of having my car. Females seem to be oblivious as well, they never flash or wave.
Old 10-08-2012, 09:49 AM
Community Organizer
Community Organizer

Received 46 Likes on 33 Posts

A cult following, yes. Brotherhood? No.

Brotherhood means something completely different to me after my college experience. I'd do ANYTHING, ANYTIME for one of my fraternity brothers - and that is brotherhood.

I can't say the same for quite a few of the S2000 owners I have met.
Old 10-09-2012, 08:03 AM

Received 33 Likes on 19 Posts

Enjoyed reading this thread and I agree with what everyone has said... there is definitely a great community with S2000 owners.

And whoever posted about waving to S2K's while riding their bike... I've done the same and they look confused lol

Quick Reply: its shocking how the s2k brings us a brotherhood