S2000 Talk Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it.

Involved in a hit and run but... (yes pics)

Old 11-04-2008, 07:31 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

that happened to me at a bar on my 21st bday...what a present right. my guy was never caught son of a b*tch...but got it fixed anyways... thats awesome u found her
Old 11-04-2008, 08:26 PM

Location: All up in your inner tubes. Whatcha gonna do sucka?

Originally Posted by f23power,Nov 4 2008, 08:21 PM
as a bank employee myself...(i've been in the banking industry for 6+years now) i've seen PLENTY of people getting fired for looking up customer information without a legitimate business need. you used business resources for a personal gain. you represented the bank you work for by confronting her with BANK documents with her PERSONAL information for a non business related need.

a similar scenario happened and as retaliation, the customer the employee looked up complained to upper management team. that teller did not have a job 2 days later. not only did she lose her job, she was not able to be bonded and insured to be hired at another bank. trust me...internal investigations at any bank; theyre purpose is to FIRE you and they aren't pleasant people.

for me...I'd rather be a "vagina" (in your words) and remind myself that with the economy the way it is especially for us bank employees, i wouldnt do anything to jeopardize my job security. long term repurcussions of doing so would not be worth the insurance payout or my own money out of pocket.

just my .02

-a

besides, you act like your car was raped. that was a minor bumper hit.

I mean, even if you didn't get any info in a legitimate means, that's what hit-and-run insurance is for. does it suck that you have to pay a deductible? sure. but considering your situation, I would have valued a steady job over a small deductible.

now, before you blow up at me, understand this. I'm somewhat empathetic to your situation. 2 weeks ago, I came out to see my car looking like this:

no note, no witnesses, etc.

shit happens.
Old 11-04-2008, 08:39 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

As Dave Chapelle would say "GOTCHA B****!"
Old 11-05-2008, 05:43 AM

Originally Posted by senor_flojo,Nov 4 2008, 09:26 PM

besides, you act like your car was raped. that was a minor bumper hit.

I mean, even if you didn't get any info in a legitimate means, that's what hit-and-run insurance is for. does it suck that you have to pay a deductible? sure. but considering your situation, I would have valued a steady job over a small deductible.

now, before you blow up at me, understand this. I'm somewhat empathetic to your situation. 2 weeks ago, I came out to see my car looking like this:

no note, no witnesses, etc.

shit happens.
X_X

Can't see shit.

edit: now i can. Sucks that you couldn't find them.

Yup, shit happens...but it feels so good to catch them!
Old 11-05-2008, 08:30 AM

I can't believe all the people chastising the OP for looking up the criminal's personal information. I'd be willing to bet 99% of everyone here would have done the same thing. It's easy to be cold hearted and non understanding when it's not your personal property that's been violated.

Personally, I wouldn't have gone to the offenders house. That sounds potentially illegal to me. But, looking up a criminal's information to give to the police and the insurance company is perfectly fine. Who's to say the OP didn't simply "remember" the customer's information (disregarding the fact that he already admitted otherwise)? Would it still be illegal if he passed on information to the authorities that he already aquired through conducting normal business activities? Why does it matter how he got the information? He has a right to know exactly who his clients are.

I'm glad the b**** was caught. Thankfully the OP wasn't a "vagina" like so many of the asses around here think he sould have been.
Old 11-05-2008, 08:44 AM

I agree with you that in this specific case, the op should have the right to look up the info. However, this can be a very slippery slope way to have anyone get easy access to obtain people personal information.
Old 11-05-2008, 12:16 PM

^^ 2slow i agree mosdef
Old 11-05-2008, 12:51 PM

Originally Posted by 2slow,Nov 5 2008, 09:30 AM
I can't believe all the people chastising the OP for looking up the criminal's personal information. I'd be willing to bet 99% of everyone here would have done the same thing. It's easy to be cold hearted and non understanding when it's not your personal property that's been violated.

Personally, I wouldn't have gone to the offenders house. That sounds potentially illegal to me. But, looking up a criminal's information to give to the police and the insurance company is perfectly fine. Who's to say the OP didn't simply "remember" the customer's information (disregarding the fact that he already admitted otherwise)? Would it still be illegal if he passed on information to the authorities that he already aquired through conducting normal business activities? Why does it matter how he got the information? He has a right to know exactly who his clients are.

I'm glad the b**** was caught. Thankfully the OP wasn't a "vagina" like so many of the asses around here think he sould have been.
+1

Theft of social security, obtaining illegal information, violating company policies, using customer's information for my own personal use

OH NOOO! Throw me in jail now!

+ I'm irresponsible, I'm too young to know any better, and I might lose my "shitty bank job", which by the way, can only afford my S2k.

LOL. I've heard it all on this board.

Update: My new rear bumper just arrived at the body shop. Thank you lady's insurance for covering everything + rental

Old 11-05-2008, 01:01 PM

Originally Posted by f23power,Nov 4 2008, 08:21 PM
as a bank employee myself...(i've been in the banking industry for 6+years now) i've seen PLENTY of people getting fired for looking up customer information without a legitimate business need. you used business resources for a personal gain. you represented the bank you work for by confronting her with BANK documents with her PERSONAL information for a non business related need.

a similar scenario happened and as retaliation, the customer the employee looked up complained to upper management team. that teller did not have a job 2 days later. not only did she lose her job, she was not able to be bonded and insured to be hired at another bank. trust me...internal investigations at any bank; theyre purpose is to FIRE you and they aren't pleasant people.

for me...I'd rather be a "vagina" (in your words) and remind myself that with the economy the way it is especially for us bank employees, i wouldnt do anything to jeopardize my job security. long term repurcussions of doing so would not be worth the insurance payout or my own money out of pocket.

just my .02

-a
Nice to know that.

I'll still hunt your ass down if you violate my property.

just my two cents.
Old 11-05-2008, 02:12 PM

I'm glad it worked out for you and what she did was unforgivable, but you handled it ALL wrong, starting from the moment you told the policeman you would go to her house and 'not do anything stupid'.

Anyway, I'm not judging, it seems to have worked out for you, and she'll get what she deserved. I suggest you leave it to your insurance company and the authorities next time though, for your own protection. You didn't need to tell anyone that you looked anything up, you coulda said you (and your witnesses) saw it happen and followed her. Jus saying you coulda handled it better, but I understand your emotional state at that point, and I suppose I might have done the same thing with 'red mist'.

Go get a sweet rear bumper and charge her ass!

Quick Reply: Involved in a hit and run but... (yes pics)