S2000 Talk Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it.

Involved in a hit and run but... (yes pics)

Old 11-03-2008, 01:39 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by thebig33tuna,Nov 3 2008, 03:04 PM
i think his point is that since the crime happened on company property, its not just 'personal business' its also company business. guarantee he hasn't violated any criminal laws, and probably hasn't violated any civil laws either... the only possible issue is if he somehow violated his company's privacy policies, but given the situation i think they'd side with him on this one.

good for you catching her. i can't believe the nerve of some people...
The OP states...."Bam! Now I have this b*tch's address, phone number, social security, etc."

The SS is the part that is going to get him in trouble, whether he uses it or not.

From the PII wiki:
Federal Laws
Privacy Act of 2005
Information Protection and Security Act
Identity Theft Prevention Act of 2005
Online Privacy Protection Act of 2005
Consumer Privacy Protection Act of 2005
Anti-phishing Act of 2005
Social Security Number Protection Act of 2005
Wireless 411 Privacy Act
US 'Safe Harbor' Rules (EU Harmonisation)
Title 18 of the United States Code, section 1028d(7)

The theft of a SS#, and I would interpret this as theft given he had no legitimate business need for the information, is a crime that is punishable.
Old 11-03-2008, 02:05 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

LOL...when we pull up your profile...your social security is the first thing that pops up. What do you want me to do? What has been seen can not be unseen lol.

I really don't care if you think it's against company policy...if you damage my property..I'm coming after you.

Especially here in S.FLA. Cops will never back you up.
Old 11-03-2008, 02:13 PM

Originally Posted by NoRawkus305,Nov 3 2008, 12:28 PM
Great job on catching this person. I probably would not have confronted the person and let the police do its job but glad it came out your way. Good luck with the repairs.
Haha, the police won't do jack shit here in S.FLA. I'll take matters into my own hands.
Old 11-03-2008, 02:19 PM

Originally Posted by MuttGrunt,Nov 3 2008, 01:05 PM
f--- that! find that punk and make her pay. i don't care how u got her info

PROTECT YOUR ISH!
LOL, right on!
Old 11-04-2008, 06:30 AM

Originally Posted by RUGBY,Nov 3 2008, 05:39 PM
The theft of a SS#, and I would interpret this as theft
your interpretation of the SS# as theft is just that - your interpretation. you're entitled to your opinion.

i simply don't think anyone else involved in the situation is going to see it that way, including the legal entities involved.
Old 11-04-2008, 10:27 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have to agree, is it legal to look up her info and use it for personal? Thin line I think.
Old 11-04-2008, 03:44 PM
Community Organizer

Received 77 Likes on 61 Posts

Evidence gets thrown out all the time b/c it was obtained illegally. In this case the lady hasn't said anything so he'll probably get away with it, otherwise I agree with what others have said.
Old 11-04-2008, 03:57 PM

Put yourself in my place.

Are you going to be thinking about your company's privacy policy and compliance rules when someone just vandalized your S2000 and thinks they got away with it at the heat of the moment.

Didn't think so.

You'll be on the mission to find that criminal in any way, shape, or form.
Old 11-04-2008, 04:50 PM

Originally Posted by c0ok0o,Nov 4 2008, 04:57 PM
Put yourself in my place.

Are you going to be thinking about your company's privacy policy and compliance rules when someone just vandalized your S2000 and thinks they got away with it at the heat of the moment.

Didn't think so.

You'll be on the mission to find that criminal in any way, shape, or form.
A responsible adult would not risk their career over a car, or take actions that border on being a vigilante.

Your obviously young and your job is probably just a means to afford your car- but someday you'll understand what some of us are saying.

Good luck to you!
Old 11-04-2008, 07:21 PM

as a bank employee myself...(i've been in the banking industry for 6+years now) i've seen PLENTY of people getting fired for looking up customer information without a legitimate business need. you used business resources for a personal gain. you represented the bank you work for by confronting her with BANK documents with her PERSONAL information for a non business related need.

a similar scenario happened and as retaliation, the customer the employee looked up complained to upper management team. that teller did not have a job 2 days later. not only did she lose her job, she was not able to be bonded and insured to be hired at another bank. trust me...internal investigations at any bank; theyre purpose is to FIRE you and they aren't pleasant people.

for me...I'd rather be a "vagina" (in your words) and remind myself that with the economy the way it is especially for us bank employees, i wouldnt do anything to jeopardize my job security. long term repurcussions of doing so would not be worth the insurance payout or my own money out of pocket.

just my .02

-a

Quick Reply: Involved in a hit and run but... (yes pics)