S2000 Talk Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it.

Involved in a hit and run but... (yes pics)

Old 11-03-2008, 05:57 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

[QUOTE=RUGBY,Nov 3 2008, 05:47 AM]
Don't want to rain on your CSI parade but, I have to agree with LittleBluePill on this one.
Old 11-03-2008, 09:54 AM

Location: All up in your inner tubes. Whatcha gonna do sucka?

Originally Posted by RUGBY,Nov 3 2008, 05:47 AM
Don't want to rain on your CSI parade but, I have to agree with LittleBluePill on this one. You could definitely lose your job and have put yourself and the bank at risk for serious litigation.

As you point out, you can validate legitimate banking transactions in the course of normal business but using PII (Personally Identifiable Information) for your personal use is potentially illegal, and I'm sure against your Bank's internal policies. You seem to make a distinction between using it and distributing it, there is no difference - - - you have made unauthorized access to her account.

Could you look up the address of a cute girl who comes into the bank, go to her house and approach her, and tell her you picked up the name/address/phone from her bank account - - - I don't think so.

I suggest you remove references to what you did from this post.

If you think differently, please let me know what bank you work for so I can make sure I'm not banking with them.
I'm gonna have to agree with this.

consider yourself lucky if you still have a job in a month.
Old 11-03-2008, 10:39 AM

Originally Posted by senor_flojo,Nov 3 2008, 10:54 AM
I'm gonna have to agree with this.

consider yourself lucky if you still have a job in a month.
Yup, 110% sure I'll still have my job.

Put yourself in my situation if someone vandalized your property. You'd have two choices.

1. Be a vagina and go home with the feeling that you could've confronted her but you don't have enough testosterone pumping out of your balls to do it.

2. Be a man, legal or not legal, and go to her home and confront the coward about how they just vandalized your property.

You pick.

Or maybe it's just the way I was raised. I don't let anyone step over me, especially if I know who it is.
Old 11-03-2008, 10:47 AM

Anyway, I went to the bodyshop today and her insurance will cover everything including a rental car for a max of $30/day. My friend works at Enterprise...so he's going to hook me up with their sweetest ride for dirt cheap.

As for the hit and run report, we still have to go to court for that...I'd imagine.
Old 11-03-2008, 10:51 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i love hearing of these stories where the perpetraitors get caught.

i had a similar situation at my old job. i used to serve tables at a restaurant a few years back and some old couple that was dining at the restaurant backed their 4runner right into the front of my car. unfortunately, i didnt see it happen and was informed by a fellow co-worker. at first i thought it was a joke since the running joke at the restaurant was that i was going to marry my car. turns out he was serious and another customer got the tag of the guy who backed into me. apparently the old guy had nailed the gas in reverse, hit the car with a loud thump and all the outside guests saw it happen. the guy then put it in drive and peeled out, probably with the intent of not having anyone get the tag or description of the vehicle.

i called the cops and they came within 20 minutes. he ran the tag and sure enough the old guy lived within 5 minutes of the restaurant. cop left to go to his house, brought him back with the car to the scene and was able to match the height of the car to the dent and found my paint all over the bumper. guy denied the whole thing and called me a"liar" to my face, even with me having several witnesses, his tag number, my paint on his bumper, etc.. ended up suing his insurance and won.

+1 for you sir. glad to hear you got it resolved.
Old 11-03-2008, 10:52 AM

Originally Posted by c0ok0o,Nov 3 2008, 11:39 AM
Yup, 110% sure I'll still have my job.

Put yourself in my situation if someone vandalized your property. You'd have two choices.

1. Be a vagina and go home with the feeling that you could've confronted her but you don't have enough testosterone pumping out of your balls to do it.

2. Be a man, legal or not legal, and go to her home and confront the coward about how they just vandalized your property.

You pick.

Or maybe it's just the way I was raised. I don't let anyone step over me, especially if I know who it is.
yeah, but you still went through company records to do something that is your personal buisness.

if you don't see the wrong in that, I don't know what to tell you.

good luck.
Old 11-03-2008, 11:04 AM

i think his point is that since the crime happened on company property, its not just 'personal business' its also company business. guarantee he hasn't violated any criminal laws, and probably hasn't violated any civil laws either... the only possible issue is if he somehow violated his company's privacy policies, but given the situation i think they'd side with him on this one.

good for you catching her. i can't believe the nerve of some people...
Old 11-03-2008, 11:22 AM

[QUOTE=thebig33tuna,Nov 3 2008, 12:04 PM] i think his point is that since the crime happened on company property, its not just 'personal business' its also company business.
Old 11-03-2008, 11:28 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Great job on catching this person. I probably would not have confronted the person and let the police do its job but glad it came out your way. Good luck with the repairs.
Old 11-03-2008, 12:05 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

f--- that! find that punk and make her pay. i don't care how u got her info

PROTECT YOUR ISH!

Quick Reply: Involved in a hit and run but... (yes pics)